College Football Season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terp Fan

byrdStadium2007B.gif

I am a Terp as well, Class of 76! though I follow the men's BB more than the FB team!

The Vols travel to the SWAMP this weekend and depending on how bad UF's defense is it may be a high scoring game.

Shoot, the male model of the board could probably throw 300 yards against the Vols secondary.

Spurrier is back at it again :blah:

I just got tickets for the PSU game this Saturday! I'll have now gone to the first three home games this year and I am LOVING it. These tickets are down low in the corner. We only play lowly Buffalo, but I'll still enjoy it.

Yea, it will be embarrasing for Tennessee when Florida runs the score up on them in the swamp.

Go Gators

Yea, it will be embarrasing for Tennessee when Florida runs the score up on them in the swamp.

Go Gators

They stand a chance to do just that. Our defense is too soft this year. I've complained about that for years yet people say we have had a great defense in years past. They have had a lot of times where they will stop opponents from scoring but the other team just drove 90 yards down the field 5 times in a row. A great defense stops them on their 10!

On any given Saturday ...

I am a Terp as well, Class of 76! though I follow the men's BB more than the FB team!

I'm a wee bit younger than you...I'm class of 92. But I have a friend who graduated from MD in 49!

I went to all the BB games last year. March is one of my favorite times of the year. I'm a virtual couch potato with my eyes glazed over from watching all the basketball.

I suffered through the MD-West Virginia game last night. It was embarrasing. We fumbled the first snap and it went downhill after that! Maybe, one day, we will be able to perform well in the national spotlight.

Hope he doesn't anytime soon, don't get me wrong. If he does though, you guys can have Fulmer.

Go Gators

They stand a chance to do just that. Our defense is too soft this year. I've complained about that for years yet people say we have had a great defense in years past. They have had a lot of times where they will stop opponents from scoring but the other team just drove 90 yards down the field 5 times in a row. A great defense stops them on their 10!

On any given Saturday ...

Florida is favored by 10 points However Caldwell is out this week. And to quote Spurrier " any team can win on any given Sat". Tennessee's record with Florida is not the best. Florida has alot of young players this year but I still think Florida has the potential for another BCC run. But well see.

Why even bother playing all of these other games?

USC is soooooooooooo going to dominate.

As a Texas alum, I can't let that one slide.

After all, that's what the "experts" said before the 2K6 Rose Bowl.

The Horns and Vince showed up anyway.:D

Nothing's a given, even for the "greatest team of all time."

Mack Brown gave his team a line for the ages before taking the field...

"We don't have to be the best team ever. . .just the best team tonight."

And Texas was.

Hook'em.

How about those LSU Tigers!

They should be ranked #1... at least this week.

I think the ranking for number one through three should be more fluid from week to week, especially through September. But we all know the Pollsters will not remove their beloved USC from the #1 position unless USC actually has a loss. (Don't try to argue that it is not biased in strange ways -- all we need to do is look at the way they slighted undefeated Auburn a couple of years ago).

I think there is also an unwritten rule many voters seem to adhere to about not unseating a #1 team when they are idle. Regardless this shows the problem with preseason polls.

I predict they will take over #1 in the next few weeks...

LSU's defense so far looks as good as it did in 2003.

It looks like Miles has them ready to play every week now. Typically he has them ready even in the games some teams might take lightly. But they couldn't get it done vs. Auburn and Florida when it counted last year even though arguably they were the better team on paper. We'll see this year.

I think Jason is right. If USC keeps winning, it's unlikely they will be dislodged from the top spot unless maybe they play a bunch of nail biters against mediocre opponents and LSU keeps winning by 40 pts every week.

ESPN Classic. Wildcats beat the Cards. What a game. The goal post even came down.

Alabama sure pulled it out with 6 secs to go. ROLL TIDE!

Buffalo was tougher than I thought, but we crushed them for the most part. They scored twice at the end of the game on our back ups.

n525655012_1217533_446.jpg

n525655012_1217534_720.jpg

n525655012_1217535_1100.jpg

n525655012_1217536_1440.jpg

Alabama sure pulled it out with 6 secs to go. ROLL TIDE!

I must say, since my wife is from Arkansas, I was rooting for the Hogs. But, after staging a great comeback, they blew it in the last 3 1/2 minutes. How do you go up by 10 only to lose? Boy, I hate Prevent Defense. All it does is prevent you from keeping the lead.

Well, Nebraska lost to USC 49-31. On another note, I went to an ASU game. ASU vs. San Diego State. ASU won which makes them 3-0 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back