College Football Season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
govols;

Spurrier is back at it again :blah:

What is the problem w/ Spurrier?

did you know his daddy was a PCA Pastor??

And I don't keep up much w/ college football, have enough trouble keeping up w/ my son's Junior Midget football league..(GO LIONS!!!!)

Pilgrim;

I didn't see the game but apparently your Vols died against Fla. and Tim Tebow.

This kid is so over-rated..I really hate it when people try to make a 'team' out of one player..
they even did this when he was in high school...it's like...HUH?? If he didn't have the other players out there...he wouldn't stand a chance!!

Pilgrim;

I didn't see the game but apparently your Vols died against Fla. and Tim Tebow.

This kid is so over-rated..I really hate it when people try to make a 'team' out of one player..
they even did this when he was in high school...it's like...HUH?? If he didn't have the other players out there...he wouldn't stand a chance!!

The reality is there is quite a bit of hype over several of the other players as well. Namely Caldwell and Harvin. He has averaged 300 + yards per game. He averages 1 touch down per game. This is early in the season but even then that is quite impressive. It is not unusual for great players to stand out.

Rutgers is 2-0 and looking good. In two weeks we play Maryland. Doug, I'll have compassion on you. I promise.

The reality is there is quite a bit of hype over several of the other players as well. Namely Caldwell and Harvin. He has averaged 300 + yards per game. He averages 1 touch down per game. This is early in the season but even then that is quite impressive. It is not unusual for great players to stand out.

I understand that, I just get tired of seeing bumper stickers and billboard signs about him..

One business down the road from me has a sign out..It's a bird, it's a plane...NO it's Tebowman or something to that effect. Living here so close to it..it really gets old...

Pics from my day at the PSU All Sports Museum

AdamPSUMuseum.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

and my favorite!

AdamHeismanEDIT.jpg

Just got a ticket to the Ohio State game (at PSU) on October 26th! Only cost $175 for 30 rows back on the 20 yard line. I am tailgating with friends and making a day of it, can't wait!:up:

Just got a ticket to the Ohio State game (at PSU) on October 26th! Only cost $175 for 30 rows back on the 20 yard line. I am tailgating with friends and making a day of it, can't wait!:up:

I wonder how you will feel after the game... Do Pennsylvanians really believe that they have a chance against Ohio State?

I love you guys' diagram maps showing us your awesome seats, setting up the temptation for coveteousness :lol:.

Nevertheless.... USC all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since i grew up only 5 mins away from the campus hehe :D.

I wonder how you will feel after the game... Do Pennsylvanians really believe that they have a chance against Ohio State?

Are you kidding? Ohio State is what....#9? Do you see who #10 is? We have MORE than a chance.

Are you kidding? Ohio State is what....#9? Do you see who #10 is? We have MORE than a chance.

I thought you said rankings are meaningless this early in the season!!!!! (BTW, it really doesn't matter who wins the game in the long run because USC isn't going to lose a game.)

Rankings are pointless pre-season, no doubt. They should come out in mid-October which would still be before the Penn State/Ohio State game. There may be several undefeated teams at the end of this season and that's why we need a playoff. If USC had to play in the cold and or snow we'd see if they would lose a game or not.

Rankings are pointless pre-season, no doubt. They should come out in mid-October which would still be before the Penn State/Ohio State game. There may be several undefeated teams at the end of this season and that's why we need a playoff. If USC had to play in the cold and or snow we'd see if they would lose a game or not.

My kingdom for a playoff system. Could January in College Football get like March in College Basketball?!?

# 11 Rutgers vs. Maryland....this Saturday....in New Jersey.

I ask all of you, my PB brethren, to comfort Calvibaptist in advance.

Oh, my....

I suffered through the MD-West Virginia game last night. It was embarrasing. We fumbled the first snap and it went downhill after that! Maybe, one day, we will be able to perform well in the national spotlight.

The Wake game on ESPNU last Saturday was humiliating. Then the Redskins pull the same fade yesterday.:banghead:

The sporting highlight of the weekend, was the final MLB game at RFK Stadium. Nats 5 Phils 3, with several of the 60's Senators in attendance. Frank Howard, Chuck Hinton, Fred Valentine, Hank Allen, Dick Loun, Ron Hansen and throwing out the first pitch...Dick Bosman.

Alabama sure pulled it out with 6 secs to go. ROLL TIDE!

I must say, since my wife is from Arkansas, I was rooting for the Hogs. But, after staging a great comeback, they blew it in the last 3 1/2 minutes. How do you go up by 10 only to lose? Boy, I hate Prevent Defense. All it does is prevent you from keeping the lead.

Sometimes when a team comes from that far down, there is a bit of a letdown and they can't close the deal. It happens in probably all sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back