College Football starts TONIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
With a double header on ESPN!

Then I am off to Penn State on Friday for football eve, then back there Saturday afternoon for the game at noon!

Anyone else excited?

I for one am stoked. I may be heading down to Huntington for Marshall's opener vs. Southern Illinois. Really looking forward to College Football (which is 100x better than Pro Football)...

images

I like Oklahoma. I mean I hate them compared to Penn State, but if PSU is out of the equation they are in my top 3 teams I enjoy/like watching.

It's about time! Waiting for college football to start is like waiting for Christmas.

There are two teams I pull for:

1) All my life I have been a fan of Michigan, despite living in the South. My family hails from that state, so we were raised to cheer for the maize and blue. I always seemed to be the only Big10 fan living in SEC country, so I grew to resent the SEC and all of it's loony fans.

2) Despite the above, I attended and graduated from an SEC school: Mississippi State. I still root against the SEC in all circumstances, with the exception of my alma mater. They are the only thing about the SEC I like. And this year we'll have an exciting new coach. I am eager to see how Dan Mullen reshapes my bulldogs.

I had really good friends of mine in seminary from Starkville (both MSU alums) so I pay attention to them. The SEC is the bane of my existence.

I must warn you Daniel we are all tOSU fans in my house when it comes to Big 10 football. Though I am a rabid fan of the Marshall Thundering Herd (they play Memphis on the 26th of Septmember).

[video=youtube;wTw1RTrwITs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTw1RTrwITs[/video]

"the eyes of Texas are upon you..."

National Championship bound baby!

Go Longhorns!

I'll admit, Mason, that is one of the great sites in college football--A night game white-out at Beaver Stadium.
Sure beats anything you'll see at that horseshoe place

Yeah nothing beats a day like this at the Big House...

Appalachian+State+over+Michigan.jpg

A few years ago that sight would have made me nauseous. Sadly, I'm used to it now. Losing to OSU has become the norm, so it's a little less painful.

One of these days (I hope) things will shift back to normal.

And yes, I expect to lose to OSU again this year.

-----------------------

Whoops, after squinting I realize that was the App State loss, not an OSU loss. Yeah, that one was hard. I will always remember Lloyd Carr fondly, but there is no excuse for that loss. He is completely to blame for that, and it was the ultimate sign that is was time to go.

We are being really really quiet out here around the Red Raider campus
for a while
last year we forgot you have to finish out the whole season

but I am sort of interested in seeing what Coach Leach can pull out of his bag of surprises

Since I am from a state with a Division I-FCS program (I-AA to most of the world), and attend a Division III school, I don't attach myself so easily to schools. I'm attached to players and coaches. The coach being Pete Caroll at USC, and the player being Tim Tebow at Florida.

Things will change soon enough if I move south, I have a feeling.

I have always been a Buckeye fan! But Marshall holds a special place in my heart and I think I may be more excited for them this year.... GO HERD!!

It's about time! Waiting for college football to start is like waiting for Christmas.

There are two teams I pull for:

1) All my life I have been a fan of Michigan, despite living in the South. My family hails from that state, so we were raised to cheer for the maize and blue. I always seemed to be the only Big10 fan living in SEC country, so I grew to resent the SEC and all of it's loony fans.

2) Despite the above, I attended and graduated from an SEC school: Mississippi State. I still root against the SEC in all circumstances, with the exception of my alma mater. They are the only thing about the SEC I like. And this year we'll have an exciting new coach. I am eager to see how Dan Mullen reshapes my bulldogs.

GO ILLINI!!!

I'm also in SEC country, will route for them always, because no one ever play my Illini because they never win anything.

Here are my opinions of College Football:

1) All Florida teams must lose
2) I always cheer for Da Fighting Illini
3) I always cheer for the team who plays against any Florida team
4) I always cheer for the team who plays against USC
5) If any Florida team plays USC, I watch another game or watch it in disgust.
6) I will cheer for the Big 10 always against any other conference.
7) I will cheer for the Big 12 because I went to Iowa State University
8) I dislike the Iowa Hawkeyes
9) I think Utah or Boise State and those schools, if they go undefeated should at least be given a game which if they win can then play in the National Championship Game.
10) Perhaps I like a playoff system, hey, people THAT MEANS MORE FOOTBALL BY GOOD TEAMS!!!
11) The Crimson Tide are the most arrogant people around, they are still waiting for what's his name to rise from the dead (not possible) and coach again. Although, maybe he has been reincarnated in the form of Nick Saban (we shall see). [Disclaimer: when I say reincarnated, I mean that not as myself but speaking for any Alabama fans, which I am not....is that an insult?]

9) I think Utah or Boise State and those schools, if they go undefeated should at least be given a game which if they win can then play in the National Championship Game.

Yes, only undefeated team in the nation two years ago. Best game I ever watched was them against Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. Biggest thing to happen for Boise since they discovered gold.

The Crimson Tide are the most arrogant people around, they are still waiting for what's his name to rise from the dead (not possible) and coach again. Although, maybe he has been reincarnated in the form of Nick Saban (we shall see). [Disclaimer: when I say reincarnated, I mean that not as myself but speaking for any Alabama fans, which I am not....is that an insult?]

I agree with him. :agree:

Auburn University class of 2002.

War Eagle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back