College Football starts TONIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The demise of the Big 10 is greatly over-exaggerated.

I have heard you say the same thing about the Pittsburgh Pirates. Isn't that like saying, "Peace, Peace!" when there is no peace? :lol:

Yeah. :lol:

Pretty soon when I talk sports everyone will picture this guy:

bagdad_bob_large.gif

Go Hokies!!!

[video=youtube;5h1EW5z1wdc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h1EW5z1wdc&feature=related[/video]

I was a Junior...jumping up and down on the field...still gets me excited. We play Alabama 1st this year, so that will be an exciting game!

I guess my video ended the conversation...

Sooo...y'all saw the fans of Virginia Tech and were shamed into not posting any longer?:smug:

I'll be pulling for VaTech tonight! Not a fan of Nick Saban.
My Beavers looked good against Portland State today...haha.

Well, I see Georgia is up to midseason form. Sloppy offense against one of the worst defenses in the country, and after holding the lead for 90% of the first half they manage to give up 10 points in the final 2 minutes. Could be a long season if this keeps up. :doh:

What I want to know is why every single night has been co-opted by football, either college or pro.

All answers gratefully received.

Oh, I'm good. Georgia did not play well enough to win that game. The defense played very well against an otherwise (i.e., supposedly) good offense, and that is good. But the offense was abysmal. More of the same: dropped balls, costly turnovers, dumb penalties. But that one personal foul call on the incomplete pass was horrible. And I noticed two non-calls for the exact same thing that should have gone against OSU. That wouldn't have made a difference in the won-loss column, but it would have made for a more interesting (i.e., closer) game.

Oh, I'm good. Georgia did not play well enough to win that game. The defense played very well against an otherwise (i.e., supposedly) good offense, and that is good. But the offense was abysmal. More of the same: dropped balls, costly turnovers, dumb penalties. But that one personal foul call on the incomplete pass was horrible. And I noticed two non-calls for the exact same thing that should have gone against OSU. That wouldn't have made a difference in the won-loss column, but it would have made for a more interesting (i.e., closer) game.

I was so upset about that personal fall call! This is tackle football, not flag football. It was the QB's fault on that beautiful hit. The DB led with his shoulders and hit the WR right in the chest. That is textbook hitting. Pretty soon, the rule will be that DBs will have to wait and see if the WR catches the ball for sure and then gently put them on the ground for a tackle.

Augh...tell me about it. :banghead:

The sad thing, my friend, is that you are going to see more of those call made this season (new rule) that will seriously mess with the game. Somewhere down the line it will make the difference in an important game. The NCAA will once again have egg on its face and have to tweak the rules (like they did with those clock rules from just a few years ago that affected when the clock started and made it very easy to run out the clock at the end of games).

How 'Bout Them Dawgs!!! Sic 'em! Woof woof woof!

I have just lost my wife and become a football widower as long as UGA is playing ... she was listening to the game yesterday, and I know anytime there is a game, she will be glued to whatever method she has to follow them.

I have not followed football since the Colts left Baltimore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back