College Pick 'Em 2013 Week One (Picks Deadline 6:00pm EDT, Thursday 29th August)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was 13 in the Big Ten.

They are showing
Legends - Iowa, Michigan State, Michgan, Minnesota, Northwestern and Nebraska.
Leaders - Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Penn State, Perdue, Wisconsin.

Obviously Iowa should switch with Wisconsin, so you'd have an IOP conference and an MNW conference.

I gather one of them will soon have 14.

It's a moving target with TV money moving things around. There is a lot of thought that the SEC will go to 16 soon, but would need to add new TV markets to justify it. They had to put Missouri in the east to keep the divisions balanced, but that's not a good fit. A couple of more schools would let Missouri move into the west with Texas A&M and Arkansas. (Missouri brought TV sets in St. Louis and Kansas City; A&M brought in the Houston and Dallas markets.)

Congratulations to first-week winner Randy Snyder (PuritanCovenanter) who only missed one game (the Iowa State upset by Northern Iowa).
Had the Colorado-Colorado State game gone the other way, we would have had to invoke not one, not two, but all four tie-break rules, and
Randy still would have eked out a win over yours truly, by predicting the closer losing team's score (and only by a hair).

A reminder: Randy has now passed the threshold for competing in the Bowl Games Bonanza at the end of the season (but don't quit playing, Randy!)

After Randy, Mark (Gulf Coast Presbyterian) is runner up with 13, and we have a large number at the top having picked at least 11 of 15 games correctly. Well done (but as the season wears on, it'll get harder! :))

Here's the rundown:

Winner:

PuritanCovenanter, 14 :flamingscot:
Gulf Coast Presbyterian, 13
Edward, 12
toddpedlar, 12
Zach, 12
John Lanier, 11
earl40, 11
Bill the Baptist, 11
Frosty, 11
MarrowMan, 11
Backwoods Presbyterian, 10
MLCOPE2, 9
Somerset, 9

Well done, all - and on to next week!

Woo Hoo! I just saw this. Been off the PB more than I like. Will keep playing. Gotta look at the next batch now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back