Colts are 8-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuritanCovenanter

The Joyful Curmudgeon
Staff member
I can't believe it. The Colts are 8 and 0. I am a Packers fan with no hope this year. But as far as the home town team goes. Well, we have a chance. I have never been much of a Colts fan till Manning came to Indy. He is a good humble guy.

Indianapolis Colts 40

New England Pats 21

Go Colts
IND.gif

And the other Manning isn't doing too bad. The Giants are 6-2 in, arguably, the toughest division in football. The Manning pedigree is undeniable.

I am a Giants fan, and am quite happy these days.

However, I also think Brett Favre is the greatest QB in football (historically - overall) and usually "fall back" on them when the Giants are having a loosing season. Also my dad has been a Pack fan since the Lombardi/Starr days so he has influenced me.

But the Mannings sure are impressive. Wasn't last year supposed to be Peyton's prime?

It is kind of hard to sell Favre as the greatest ever these days, but check out his stats; other than interceptions, he is actually on track for another career season and that's with a second string team due to all the injuries!

Not to take anything away from him, but Farve as best ever is a hard sell. He has a horrible record in domes. Similar to Troy Aikman who had trouble in cold weather. But OTOH Farve, throughout most of his career, wasn't surrounded with the kind of talent that Montana, Young and Aikman were. It's hard to say that Farve is better than Elway was (and I'm not just talking about Super Bowl wins, either), and I can't put him past Marino since Marino's supporting cast at times was probably worse than Farve's. Farve has always had a go for broke mentality that sometimes pays off big and doesn't work out as well at other times.

Originally posted by Pilgrim
Farve has always had a go for broke mentality that sometimes pays off big and doesn't work out as well at other times.

You can say that again!

His rash decisions have either made him look like a dynamic hero or a complete imbecile.

*flash backs to 2003 playoffs against the Eagles when Favre throws a blatant interception on the opening drive in over time*

:banghead:

Originally posted by puritancovenanter
I can't believe it. The Colts are 8 and 0. I am a Packers fan with no hope this year. But as far as the home town team goes. Well, we have a chance. I have never been much of a Colts fan till Manning came to Indy. He is a good humble guy.

Indianapolis Colts 40

New England Pats 21

Go Colts

Being originally from Louisiana, I'm a fan of the Saints (or the "Aint's" as some say). However, over the past 25 years I've come to understand and empathize with the Baltimoron's(;))love for the old Colts. And I always have a heavy heart when I remember how they slunk out of Baltimore in the dead of night.

BTW, I've always had a very warm spot for the Packers. As a kid I loved them. Bart Starr was my hero. Their championship games against Dallas were heart-stopping classics.

Originally posted by Me Died Blue
Originally posted by puritancovenanter
The Colts are 8 and 0.

All I can say is, hopefully they'll be 8-1 after they play the Bengals next!

O look. A Bengals fan came out of a 15 year hibernation.:lol: J/k

I haven't seen this many Bengal fans since the days of Boomer Esiason.

This guy's been a Bengals fan his whole life - it's the hope in what he's a fan of that Marvin Lewis and Carson Palmer have led out of hibernation over the last couple years! :bigsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back