Comments regarding quotes presented

Status
Not open for further replies.

Learner

Puritan Board Freshman
Sean,you made a post on the 27th.Actually Spurgeon
was quoting Rowland Hill (1744-1833).Mr.Hill had that experience.C.H.S. was merely relating it to his own ministry.

Edited by admin

[Edited on 4-28-2004 by Scott Bushey]

No problem Sean.
Hey Scott.Could you post your comments regarding quotes on this thread?I'd like the quote thread to be only quotes.
Regarding Clark,I stick mainly with his commentary/devotional material.I get uncomfortable in the realm of philosophy.You're an intelligent guy.I have read a lot of your posts.Can you give me any specifics in the "Saving
Faith"book that you find hard to understand?

Comments Here Please

Hi Scott.Can you tell the folks out there to just comment on the quotes on this thread?I would like the quote pages to be only quotes, aside from the subject headings.

Thanks

Disclaimer

...I don't endorse the expressions of Sartre.I just thought it
would be interesting to post his ideas to show their madness
or folly.

Re C.H.S.

Steve,what sermon did you find that Spurgeon quote?
All you referenced was "Sermons,Vol.3,page 34".

Re C.H.S.

I have read Spurgeon for a long time now.I know that there is a desire to wonder at the kind of voice he must have had.But as I continue to read (and post his quotes),there is so much more to that man.He definately had the Holy Spirit attending his preaching with power!Look at the substance of his messages.They used to call this "solid matter".Regardless
of his vocal gifts,the Lord employed him as an instrument to
bring home the Word with conviction.As much as I admire the man...it all just echoes back to the God he so faithfully proclaimed.Praise be to God to whom all glory belongs.

Didcha ever...

....type feverishly away only to discover that your post disappeared?I guess my Gordon Clark extended quote will have to wait for another day.

What do you think?

Does anyone appreciate that quote by Pink that I just posted?It concerned the wonderful blessings attending the
doctrine of election.I found it to be true and comforting.

Regarding Wesley on Original Sin

He spent 268 pages on the topic.But in actually went against the doctrine in most of his ministrations.Strange,huh?

[b:6212c4e586]Re: Wesley quote[/b:6212c4e586]

Bad theology is usually the result of inconsistent thinking, no?

Regarding my post of C.H.S.'s "Commenting..

...and Commetaries":I hope those largely humorous reviews of his will cause many of you to take a look at the books he heartily recommends.For instance:"Bunyan hammers away at each type,but no one may call it tinkering."

Comments on Spurgeon's baptistic...

...convictions.

When reviewing his words on the subject many of you non-baptistic brethren will perhaps conclude that he was being too simplistic.On the contrary,he was being exceedingly biblical.The teachings in the New Testament are very plain.Both the subject and the method are spelled out so clearly.As Pastor Way has said in effect:"This ordinance is not to be done by proxy."Our faith is not done by proxy.We cannot "sponser "anyone into the faith.Christian parents are to raise their "children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord."But moms and dads cannot believe for them.God dispenses salvation as He wills.The only substitution is Christ's, when He laid His life down for the sins of His elect ones.Trustingly,many of the children of Christian parents will be among the elect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back