Common PB Typo's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puritan Sailor

Puritan Board Doctor
Just for fun and for translational help of post reading I thought I would put out a few typos I've noticed repeatedly with their translations. Please feel free to add more (especially if you want some cheap gratuitious posts for your post count).

teh = the
Clavin= Calvin
form= from

[Edited on 3-24-2004 by puritansailor]

paedobaptism = New Testament baptism

I couldn't resist :tongue:

Chris

[Edited on 3-24-2004 by Me Died Blue]

The word is "millennium." And in reference to eschatology it is Premillennial, Amillennial, or Postmillennial. Those who hold the various views are Premillennialists, Amillennialists, or Postmillennialists.

And note the way I spelled eschatology!

:lol:

I was going to start a thread like this one once, but I didn't know how to spell "typo". :lol:
Thanks Patrick.

[quote:6754a5edd3][i:6754a5edd3]Originally posted by JohnV[/i:6754a5edd3]
I was going to start a thread like this one once, but I didn't know how to spell "typo". :lol:
Thanks Patrick. [/quote:6754a5edd3]

Anyone can spel "typo" :tongue:--the [i:6754a5edd3]real[/i:6754a5edd3] challenge is if you can spel "spel."

Chris

Phillip, you didn't mention "pre-wrath" in your eschatology list.:D

And typos doesn't have a ', because it's not possessive, nor is it indicating a dropped letter. Ennyboddy ned a daized and cornfewzed prufredder?

Spelling Bee

Who/whom

"Who" is in the nominative case.
"Whom" is in the objective case.

"I don't know who you're talking about" - Incorrect use.

"I know not of whom you speak" - much better!!!

[quote:440dcd6e56][i:440dcd6e56]Originally posted by mjbee[/i:440dcd6e56]
And typos doesn't have a ', because it's not possessive, nor is it indicating a dropped letter.
[/quote:440dcd6e56]
If you looked at my posts before I did the correcting you'd think that it sure had a hold of me; I think it's possessive. And I have both problems, dropped letters and too many. Whenever you see:
[[i:440dcd6e56]edited by JohnV[/i:440dcd6e56]]
then you know what's got a hold of me, and that it's being one of those days.

:lol: In proofing one of my posts, I noticed that I used the word 3 times, and spelled it with an "i" sometimes and with an "a" other times. Rather than flip a coin, I decided to look it up. When I saw the title of your thread, I figured it was good candidate for this thread.

I sure was "throne" for a loop when I saw your post, Josh. I not only made that mistake once -- but twice. Must be that old-timer's disease again. :D

[Edited on 3-28-2004 by sundoulos]

You better watch it Josh. You're making fun of the Webmaster! Believe me, Scott can change your name and password and make it difficult to excess these boreds!:bouncy:
Melissa

We only change passwords to make it easier to [i:e2d6f6988a]access[/i:e2d6f6988a] the board when a computer has a cookie problem!

I have a cookie problem...they are called Oreos.....mmmmmmm

Now I am hungry.

Phillip

:slurp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back