Common sayings that you despise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it when people take out of context the verse that says "for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life" to mean we can't look to confessions and church scholarship down through the ages for help in understanding scripture. We have to listen for the "still small voice." :banghead:

I don't know what is more annoying:
"How is it going?"

Or the response:
"It's going!"

I'm prone to asking the former.

My MIL hated it when I'd ask

"so how'd your day at work go?"

MIL was always :mad: (she's a nurse, how did I think her day was?!)

:lol:

Originally posted by Puritanhead
I don't know what is more annoying:
"How is it going?"

Or the response:
"It's going!"

I'm prone to asking the former.

I don`t think me and you would get along very well.:lol:

"He was such a good person.God has got to let him into heaven."

'You see, Jesus never had a plan, he just wandered around doing what his Father told him...'

An ELDER of an arminiany charismaticy baptisty church talking to me recently...

JH

Originally posted by JonathanHunt
'You see, Jesus never had a plan, he just wandered around doing what his Father told him...'

JH
Last night I turned on WMCA here in NY, and heard a Pastor interpreting Romans 9 to mean, "you have to choose for yourself whether you will be a vessel of honor or dishonor" :D

Originally posted by Slippery

JH
Last night I turned on WMCA here in NY, and heard a Pastor interpreting Romans 9 to mean, "you have to choose for yourself whether you will be a vessel of honor or dishonor" :D

You're kidding!?

:chained:

JH

Yeah :bigsmile:

I've heard that, "You decide to walk through the "door of salvation," then if you look back, above the door it says, you were chosen." there are a few variations i'm sure.

...And gotta love the contextual Arminian use of "Behold I stand at the door and knock...!" :banghead:

Originally posted by poimen

JH

You're kidding!?

:chained:

I wish I were kidding...an Arminian pastor I heard (at a Christmas service), explained that "who Jesus was had nothing whatever to do with being a Jew; being the Son of Mary and Joseph; had nothing to do with His family heritage"... etc. Meaning that He relied on the Father's advice to lead an extraordinary life of love and sacrifice. And we should take the cue and do likewise.

:chained: Is it me? Or did he flatly deny the Gospel?

Robin

I wonder what he'd say about Ephesians 1:4

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

..."you have to choose for yourself whether you will be chosen in him before the foundation of the world"

"...And gotta love the contextual Arminian use of "Behold I stand at the door and knock...!" "

Now there's one that really makes me cringe when I hear it!

Originally posted by turmeric
Originally posted by SmokingFlax
I've just recently re-discovered the humble prune and included it in my regular diet.

Was that a Freudian slip?

Ughhh... Oh yeah... I don't like references to Freudian psychology... Freud is full of himself.

Originally posted by LadyFlynt
I've noticed this board goes through cycles. Heavy debate followed by a time of comedic hiatus, then back to the study/questions/debate again. :detective:

Yeah this board is really tempermental, moody, cyclical, changing, and complicated in much the same way that women are...
:bigsmile:

I wish I were kidding...an Arminian pastor I heard (at a Christmas service), explained that "who Jesus was had nothing whatever to do with being a Jew; being the Son of Mary and Joseph; had nothing to do with His family heritage"... etc. Meaning that He relied on the Father's advice to lead an extraordinary life of love and sacrifice. And we should take the cue and do likewise.

:chained: Is it me? Or did he flatly deny the Gospel?

Robin

Didn't you know that? That's how we can live the victorious Christian life - just the way Jesus did. It's called the exchanged life....oops, perfectionist flashback, sorry! Heard this sort of drivel many a time growing up - never could get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back