"Company offers 'Jesus Dress Up' "

Status
Not open for further replies.

a mere housewife

Not your cup of tea
I received this email today:

Urban Outfitters is offering a refrigerator magnet set depicting Christ on the cross.

A variety of clothes for "Jesus Dress Up" include a Satan mask and tights, ballerina, and dogcatcher outfit.

The figure, wearing only briefs, allows users to "clothe" Christ in a variety of secular outfits. Other articles of clothing are a "beanie" cap, a snorkel, bunny slippers, a tuxedo, and a Dr. Seuss hat.

An employee in a New York City store exclaimed, "We've got tons of them!"

Although the product is not available on their website, you can view a sample of it by clicking here.

Sincerely,

Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman
American Family Association

The link to take action on this is:
http://www.afa.net/Activism/TakeAction.asp?id=117

I hate to even repeat this, it is so blasphemous. It hurts.

There is one important thing to say: is this true? If I had a nickle for every email "crisis" forwarded to me by naive Christians who make NO attempt to determine the truth of a matter before spreading it (otherwise known as gossip and condemned by Paul) I would be retired now. (As evidence of this, I still get about 5-10 emails a year with the "alert" that the President of Proctor and Gamble admitted to being a Satanist - sometimes it is claimed that he said this on the [b:55a792d7fd]Phil Donohue Show[/b:55a792d7fd])

Notice that the link does not go to the Urban Outfitters site, but rather the personal website of a crazy pagan devil worshipper. How would he be related to Urban Outfitters? My advice to everyone here is the same that I gave my wife when she got the email - do not forward this or accuse Urban Outfitters until you have some knowledge (BESIDES a forwarded email) that this is the case.

The matter herein is indeed disgusting, and the purveyor of the website is indeed hellbound (except he repent) from the information on his site; but I haven't seen one fact that Urban Outfitters is selling this.

It is time that Christians wised up and stopped perpetuating every email hoax (which this may or may not be) that they come across. It makes Christians look stupid.

Thanks for the verification Scott.

I do second what Fred has written. If you get an email about things like this ask yourself a few questions:

1. Is this true? Verify it before you perpetuate a lie! A good site to see if it is real is the Urban Legends Reference Page at http://www.snopes.com/snopes.asp

2. Why do I need to forward this?

3. What good will it accomplish?

4. Will it edify or encourage others?

5. Will it offend anyone?

If we all forwarded all the emails about every abuse of Christianity then we would all just send email all day. Let's make sure that it is constructive and serves a purpose other than to just get people aggitated without ever leading to action!

Junk email is a pet peeve of mine...can you tell? If in doubt, delete it!

Phillip

Thanks Mr. Greco & PastorWay for the advice about junk email. I do not normally pass things on & wouldn't have posted this (as Pastor Way says, it is very offensive) except that there was a link to do something about it before it happened. I'm glad that it seems it isn't going to be sold, after all-- and I should have verified the information myself. Thanks for doing that, Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back