Completely Overhauling A Puritan's Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
I'd ask everyone who visits A Puritan's Mind to be patient with me as I update the site.

Unfortunately it was set in some old code that made it vulnerable to hacking and such, breaking down, etc., and I am forced to update everything.

It's going to look a bit odd for a while until I can get the gist of working it out and then choosing some good layouts and such. But don't be surprised at changes that might happen on the fly.

The basic structure of the site and pages are still there and are the same. All the page names are the same so no links will be lost. But I'm needing to do a whole lot of editing on pages due to the new theme control and such.

I'll keep you posted.

For the most part, APM is now updated with new navigation and a new layout. In the coming weeks and such, I'll be updating all the pages to keep things uniform. Right now it works great, and there are lots of new features and such that make the site more useful. I'll implement more of those as time permits. (It's a really big site so it will take a while.)
If you see any double headers on the site (like the title of the page appears twice) that's just some general editing I need to do and will do that as time permits.

If you happen to run across Greek text that doesn't look like Greek text, please let me know. I have an easy way of updating that so all the Greek and Hebrew look good.

Thanks brother. I've finished a number of whole sections - Calvinism, apologetics, 1647 WCF, all of the main home pages, pastoral theology, and I'm working on justification today.

Is "Working on Justification" an oxymoron?

The site looks great by the way :)

That's funny. I'm punchy right now with cut, paste and click.

It's been years since I've been to APM, but I likes it!!!!

I'm glad you came back!

Thanks all. I should be done with one of two of the largest sections today and then I'm focusing on the largest section...the Puritan section with Bios and works. Huge.

This looks great, sir!!!!

Thanks brother. I'm calling it quits today. I finished a whole slew of preachers under the Puritan Bios Links like Andrew Gray, (Blaise Pascal), Francis Whiddon, (Franciscus Gommarus), Samuel Willard, Christopher Love, John Owen, Richard Sibbes, Jeremiah Burroughs, George Gillespie, Hannibal Gammon, James Janeway, Robert Bolton, Matthew Mead, and John Bunyan...and all their sub pages.

Tomorrow, I'm tackling 5 others that have a lot of pages, Manton, Rutherford, Perkins, Turretin and Ames.

Then I'll have about 130 one pagers to do, and they are a bit time consuming - misc puritans.

Last of all, I have Jonathan Edwards. All his works, page by page....ouch!

Thanks brother. I'm calling it quits today. I finished a whole slew of preachers under the Puritan Bios Links like Andrew Gray, (Blaise Pascal), Francis Whiddon, (Franciscus Gommarus), Samuel Willard, Christopher Love, John Owen, Richard Sibbes, Jeremiah Burroughs, George Gillespie, Hannibal Gammon, James Janeway, Robert Bolton, Matthew Mead, and John Bunyan...and all their sub pages.

Tomorrow, I'm tackling 5 others that have a lot of pages, Manton, Rutherford, Perkins, Turretin and Ames.

Then I'll have about 130 one pagers to do, and they are a bit time consuming - misc puritans.

Last of all, I have Jonathan Edwards. All his works, page by page....ouch!

Wow, what a massive undertaking! We are so blessed by what you bring to the community and will continue to pray for you to have success and favor as you update the remainder. Lord bless you, brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back