Confessional Presbyterian journal 7 (2011) available end of November, contents below

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
The 2011 issue of The Confessional Presbyterian journal is at the book maker and should be available at the end of November, 2011.
View attachment 2439
Subscribe now for $18 USA/$25 International; price will rise to retail of $25 after issues start shipping out to subscribers. Purchase here. The finalized contents are as follows:

Articles

3. Holy Communion in the Theology of John Knox

By Glen J. Clary

25. John Knox and the Reformation by the Rev. Dr. James Begg

By Iain Wright

41. The Early Reformation in Scotland
By W. Duncan Rankin
47. Reformed Presbyterian Criticism of the 1859 Ulster Revival’s Impact on Worship and Church Order
By Daniel Ritchie
65. 1812–1822: The Development of Princeton’s Polemic
By Allen Stanton
77. The Calvinistic Soteriology of Jonathan Dickinson
By Gary Steward
87. An Introduction to T. V. Moore through his Essay on Juvenile Delinquency
By Barry Waugh
99. The Basis and Practice of Christian Mission to Jews 1520–1860
By Rowland S. Ward
111. The Benediction in Corporate Worship
By Ryan M. McGraw
123. The Abrahamic Covenant and the Kingdom of God
By Jeong Koo Jeon
139. On the Shoulders of Giants: Van Til’s Appropriation of Warfield and Kuyper
By Jeffrey C. Waddington
147. The Modal Transcendental Argument for God’s Existence
By David Reiter
153. The Lord and His Messengers: Toward a Trinitarian Interpretation of Malachi 3:1–4
By Camden M. Bucey

164 Reviews & Responses: Michael Horton, The Christian Faith: A Systematic Theology for Pilgrims on the Way (Wes Bredenhof) 164 ■ Kevin J. Vanhoozer, Remythologizing Theology: Divine Action, Passion, and Authorship (James E. Dolezal) 167 ■ Response: “On the Scope and Scopus of ‘Always Reforming,’ A Response to James Dolezal” (Kevin Vanhoozer) 172 ■ Surrejoinder to Kevin Vanhoozer (James E. Dolezal) 175 ■ Paul Helm, Eternal God: A Study of God Without Time, 2nd ed. (Patrick Arnold) 178 ■ Willem J. Van Asselt, et al., Scholastic Discourse: Johannes Maccovius (1588–1644) on Theological and Philosophical Distinctions and Rules (Wes White) 183 ■ T. V. Moore, The Last Days of Jesus (C. N. Willborn) 185 ■ Paul C. Gutjahr, Charles Hodge: Guardian of American Orthodoxy (James Cassidy) 187 ■ J. Knox Chamblin, Matthew: A Mentor Commentary (W. Gary Crampton) 190 ■ Eric L. Johnson, Foundations for Soul Care: A Christian Psychology Proposal (Daniel F. Patterson) 195 ■ J. V. Fesko, Last Things First: Unlocking Genesis 1–3 with the Christ of Eschatology (Ryan McGraw) 200 ■ W. Gary Crampton, From Paedobaptism to Credobaptism: A Critique of the Westminster Standards on the Subjects of Baptism (J. V. Fesko) 203  ■ Response (W. G. Crampton) 206 ■ Surrejoinder to Dr. Crampton’s Response (J. V. Fesko) 210 ■ Douglas Bond, The Mighty Weakness of John Knox and D. M. Lloyd-Jones and Iain Murray, John Knox and the Reformation (Lane Keister) 211 ■
213 Psallo: Psalm 116
216 In Translatiōne: The Preface to the Constance Hymnbook by Joannem Zwick
230 Antiquary: The James Durham MSS Part II
232 Bibliography
253 The Editors and Contributing Editors
. In Brief: T. V. Moore’s Twenty Hints for a Happy Family (97) ■ In Brief: Robert Baillie on the Chiliasm of Archer, Burroughs and Goodwin (110) ■ In Brief: Thomas Goodwin on God’s Blessing His People (122)
Take advantage of subscribing or renewing as soon as possible for the low rate of $18.oo postage paid. Once the issue is published the rate will rise to the regular retail rate (USA) of $25.00, postage paid. Renew and subscribe online at www.cpjournal.com.

Just placed my order.

And it reminded me that I was only half through Volume 6! I had to dig it out from under some other books. Time flies . . . .

I have volumes 1-5, but not these other 2. Xmas if coming up (i know ironic... confessional presbyies dont celebrate xmas!)

Vol. 7! My, where does the time go?

Are all of the older volumes still available?

It flies by certainly. Volume 1 is dwindling but sets are still available at a 50% discount or better; postage paid. They make quite the stack now. I think 1-6 is about 1700 columns of text. To get everything you will need to get the current issues set (1-6) and subscribe for v7 for $18.
Vol. 7! My, where does the time go?

Are all of the older volumes still available?

First, I intend to order the volumes soon, like this week that I'm missing, but I would just also like to say:

As of this post, I have reachd 1,000 Posts! Congrats to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also how many posts does it take to reach the next levels of on the Puritanboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back