Confessional Subscription...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton Mather

Puritan Board Freshman
How do some of the major Reformed and Presbyterian denominations in NAPARC view confessional subscription? Could someone informed give me an idea of how say the PCA, OPC, EPC, RPCNA, ARP, URCNA, etc. etc. regard this issue. I've been reading Seeking A Better Country by Hart and Muether, and am intrigued by some of the divisions separating Old and New Side Presbyterians, specifically this issue of subscription and ministerial qualifications. Thanks so much in advance!

CM

Wow, I'm speechless.

I can't answer your question, but I absolutely love your user name and avatar. Go Cotton! I've been spending the last week or so having to put up with academics who loathe the very name of Mather, if that's any explanation for my zealous response. ;) Maybe I should change my avatar to Increase Mather now just to rally some support for the good old cause!

Thanks christabella! Cotton Mather is kind of an intriguing historical and religious obsession and hero of mine. I spent my entire senior year of high school researching the Mathers for a senior project, and I've been studying them ever since. Part of my research was handling the massive amounts of academic and literary suspicion and even hatred directed towards anything and everything "mather", so I understand your pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back