Confessions of a Soy Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorBravo

Administrator
Staff member
I had not heard the term "Soy Boy" until Jacob introduced it here many years ago: back in the days when we were talking about Young, Restless, and Reformed, being cool, and whatever helped project a counter-culture cultural reclamation. Etc.

Other than that, I didn't think it applied to me.

So, when you have leftovers and miscellaneous stuff in the pantry, and nothing fancy, you make do. I had leftover rice, some frozen low-budget steak, and, hmm.....soy sauce.

So I slow-fried the steak to thaw and cook it, mixed up the soy sauce with some molasses and garlic I had hidden in the pantry, threw it all into the pan with the steak. I ended up with a teriyaki stew of sorts. Hit the spot. Tasted good.

But now I am a soy boy. I just hope the red meat and the black coffee offsets that a bit. Maybe I'll do another 45 pushups this evening just to be sure.

soyboy.jpg

Nobody would ever accuse you of being a Soy Boy. A life of accomplishments is very masculine. At a certain level of manliness you can eat soy from a pink plate with My Little Pony napkins with your pinky up in the air and nobody will say a thing. Meanwhile I am eating a T-bone at this very moment to compensate for my insecurities.

Nobody would ever accuse you of being a Soy Boy. A life of accomplishments is very masculine. At a certain level of manliness you can eat soy from a pink plate with My Little Pony napkins with your pinky up in the air and nobody will say a thing. Meanwhile I am eating a T-bone at this very moment to compensate for my insecurities.
That's a relief. It solves the other quandary I had: There is this pink bandana laying around that nobody else wants to wear. I'll reserve it for my Walmart compliance attire.

Fake Soy Boy. A real Soy Boy would have tossed the meat and used soy 'protein' or tofu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back