Congratulations to me. I Have (Insert Number Here) Posts/Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for posts, it just ain't fair. :( While I'm no 5k runner, my numbers were seriously diminished in the Great Deduction wherein thousands of threads (with my name all over them) where put out to pasture.:deadhorse: Good grief.:rant: A few years of seminary :graduate: and someone wipes out most of your portfolio. :violin: Me thinks it's a conspiracy! :detective: Where are those blasted thread raiders!

Yeah, I lost about 2,000 posts in the Great Purge of 2005, as noted in the algebra thread:

http://www.puritanboard.com/355444-post47.html

What's 2000 posts to you Andrew? One less ivory back-scratcher. :rolleyes:

As for posts, it just ain't fair. :( While I'm no 5k runner, my numbers were seriously diminished in the Great Deduction wherein thousands of threads (with my name all over them) where put out to pasture.:deadhorse: Good grief.:rant: A few years of seminary :graduate: and someone wipes out most of your portfolio. :violin: Me thinks it's a conspiracy! :detective: Where are those blasted thread raiders!

Yeah, I lost about 2,000 posts in the Great Purge of 2005, as noted in the algebra thread:

http://www.puritanboard.com/355444-post47.html

What's 2000 posts to you Andrew? One less ivory back-scratcher. :rolleyes:

:lol:

I made it to 17 without a speeding ticket... barely. :cool:

YouTube - Me Monster

That was excellent! I have to borrow that video for someone I know.

What a bunch of party poopers!!!!!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with milestones and anniversaries. Folks aren't necessarily chest beating because they reach a certain milestone. It can mean different things to different people. It can mean "Hey, I made it 500 posts without being banned!" or, "My 5000 posts insure that I can be tracked by Google".

Whatever, it's a harmless and brief celebration that one belongs and contributes to the most prominent reformed and Reformed bulletin board in cyberspace. Stop your whining about post counts! (Unless of course you're just trying to get your number up.)

This was my 5,244th post. Yipppeeeee!
:agree: Bob and congratulations on your 5,244th post.

The thread title was posted out of humor and not disdain for any who will post their excitement.

Why do I get excited when an odometer resets (or used to reset) at 100,000 miles? I don't know. It's just a milestone.

Post counts are the same way.

I normally don't watch my post count but, when I went over 10K, I was excited for about 30 seconds.

Actually, you do receive some collateral benefits from moving into the Post-graduate and Doctorate ranks in terms of a higher PM limit and access to the Executive bathroom.

Bottom line, we don't need any Post Count Grinches here. If you're ambivalent then remain ambivalent but don't be a party pooper for others.

I made it to 17 without a speeding ticket... barely. :cool:

I've heard about this catastrophe a number of times. I don't know exactly if it was by design or by accident that thread counts were lost but, hopefully, service has improved since then. :)

What a bunch of party poopers!!!!!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with milestones and anniversaries. Folks aren't necessarily chest beating because they reach a certain milestone. It can mean different things to different people. It can mean "Hey, I made it 500 posts without being banned!" or, "My 5000 posts insure that I can be tracked by Google".

Whatever, it's a harmless and brief celebration that one belongs and contributes to the most prominent reformed and Reformed bulletin board in cyberspace. Stop your whining about post counts! (Unless of course you're just trying to get your number up.)

This was my 5,244th post. Yipppeeeee!

It's the highlight of some people's lives. :violin:

Rich, how about a running character-counter as I type my posts. That could be used to calculate the estimated real-time number of posts as I type (based on the average character-length of my posts.) And I would feel good about myself. Really good as a matter of fact. And I want to feel good. Can I feel good?

It can mean "Hey, I made it 500 posts without being banned!"

:lol: I once was a public defender. I had one case in which my client was accused of transporting meth (and there was overwhelming evidence against him). He said to me, "I hope you can help. I've made it to age 25 without ever being convicted of a felony."

I didn't say it, but I thought, "man, you set some high standards, buddy."

Of course, he had about 10 misdemeanors.

Reminds me of a kid I represented as an indigent when he was 15 and lucked out because the prosecutor neglected to allege his age, which was an element of the offense. The judge dutifully dismissed. Two years later, when indicted for murder, he wanted his wonder attorney again. He wasn't so lucky this time. :judge:

I've heard about this catastrophe a number of times. I don't know exactly if it was by design or by accident that thread counts were lost but, hopefully, service has improved since then. :)

The board has definitely changed since then, mostly for the better I think. At the time I think they thought it was necessary because of space limitations, but I'm not sure. All I know is all of a sudden "BANG," I'm a newby again.

I have actually had more than 12,000,000 posts on the PB but, out of extreme modesty (pats self on back), I dialed the number back to the count you see above.

Modesty - it's my GREATEST asset! ;)

I have actually had more than 12,000,000 posts on the PB but, out of extreme modesty (pats self on back), I dialed the number back to the count you see above.

Modesty - it's my GREATEST asset! ;)

Mine is humility, and I'm pretty proud of that. :smug:

Congratulations to Rich. He has been thanked 1,896 times in 896 posts - a 1,000 thank difference!

Which means he's averaging about 2.1 thanks per every thanked post he receives. For you number geeks out there. :smug:

I'm certain he has some outlier posts that have about 25-30 thanks in it which really sways the mean, but you get the point.

This thread will now be utilized to post announcements that you have a certain number of posts. Please simply addend your congratulations (to yourself) about the number of posts you have.

Use this thread to also note how many times you've been thanked if you want to note any odometer changes for that as well.

We don't need any Post Count Grinches here. If you're ambivalent about your own post count or others then remain ambivalent but don't be a party pooper for others.

I wish I could say that I have as many posts as I have pictures of Rich's kids...:wow:

4726 Posts WITHOUT BEING BANNED.:cheers::lol: Rich? Are going to ban me today and stop my incredible streak!;) NOW, your Uncle Etexas, does not feel he is THANKED enough. I mean people what gives! My words are as plentiful as stones and as lovely as diamonds. So, if I sneeze...well:lol::lol::lol::cool: I am SO cool.

I have graduated from the Puritan Board freshmen class.

I am looking forward to my time as a sophomore.

:graduate:

500 Posts!

I have just reached 500 posts. I can't believe this happened so quickly! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been such a blessing to me. I have enjoyed the interaction with God's people.

:banana:

Edit: Wow, I'm a sophomore now! Woo hoo, cool. :cool:

Lord willing, I will shortly pass 1,000 posts and 300 thanks.

I'm not sure how that stacks up, but I am grateful to Puritan Board that in these last four months, I have grown in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and toward my fellow Christians here.

Specifically, I am getting a more complete understanding of Reformed theology, even the more difficult areas like eschatology. Recently, I even came to recognize an effigy of Mr Van Til. That would have been unthinkable only a couple short months ago.

Glory to God and blessings to all for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back