Congratulations to me. I Have (Insert Number Here) Posts/Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
This thread will now be utilized to post announcements that you have a certain number of posts. Please simply addend your congratulations (to yourself) about the number of posts you have.

Use this thread to also note how many times you've been thanked if you want to note any odometer changes for that as well.

We don't need any Post Count Grinches here. If you're ambivalent about your own post count or others then remain ambivalent but don't be a party pooper for others.

Congratulations to me. This my 5981st post. I have fulfilled my dream in life. I have always wanted to have 5981 posts. I'm sorry. I'm too emotional right now. Does anyone have a hanky? *honk*

:lol:

Congratulations to me. This my 5981st post. I have fulfilled my dream in life. I have always wanted to have 5981 posts. I'm sorry. I'm too emotional right now. Does anyone have a hanky? *honk*

Now you have 5983. I'm sorry that you're dream has come crashing down so quickly.

Funny story, my son James started crying a few months ago when we started talking about his 6th birthday coming up. He said that he "...liked 5..." and that "...5 is deep in my heart...."

I started telling him recently that we weren't going to have a birthday party for him or give him any presents because he doesn't like "6" and now he's changed his tune. :lol:

Now you have 5983. I'm sorry that you're dream has come crashing down so quickly.

Funny story, my son James started crying a few months ago when we started talking about his 6th birthday coming up. He said that he "...liked 5..." and that "...5 is deep in my heart...."

I started telling him recently that we weren't going to have a birthday party for him or give him any presents because he doesn't like "6" and now he's changed his tune. :lol:

Oh, how I would love to have the problems of a disgruntled 6 year old!

Cute story, Rich.

Rich you should tell James that the Psalmist understood his anguish --Psalm 102:11.

6000 posts!

Well, at least I can say I am a "Puritanboard Doctor" now even though I'm a long way from having earned any other kind of doctorate! :lol:

Now let's see . . . Bill has 5,995 posts since August of 2005. That translates into 171.23 posts per month.

Today Bill made fun of someone I know who is averaging 302.40 posts per month.

That yields a surplus of 131.17 posts per month for said put-downee over said put-downer (Bill).

At the present rate of posting, that means that this heretofore unnamed righteous poster will overtake the billious Bill in exactly . . . hmmmm, well . . . my gracious . . . that soon huh?

Or as Bill says:
I think I'll catch your draft and pass you on the final lap.

Dennis, yeah but I'm still under my posting allotment. I have reduced my posting footprint (although I do offset it by PM's which don't officially count towards my posting stats. Al Gore would be proud).

6000 posts for me!!

6000 posts for me! 6000 posts for me! *sticks tongue out at Dennis*

:banana: :banana:

I'm never going to catch up with you guys!

sobbing.gif

:rofl:

Why do people count them anyway?

wayne said:
EXACTLY!! I've been posting to the PB since 2002 and I realized along time ago its QUALITY over quanity!!

Good question. Why does it matter how many posts you have? It seems like a waste of space to be bragging about posts and titles. I have been on here a month or so longer than Wayne, and have less than 20% of his posts. Post as much as is edifying to your soul, but quit wasting threads on these counts and proclamations of graduation to some new grade level.

I try not to add to threads that are focused on post counts, beyond an acknowledgment of the contribution of the poster or a thankful and humble appreciation for the acknowledgment of my own. Post counts are stats. Stats can be meaningful...or not. They are not that different in essence from check numbers. You can start check numbers low or high, some think that higher check numbers make some difference. As has been noted (and which I also said in a previous thread below), it is really quality not quantity which matters most. I'd personally rather trade all my superfulous posts for one or two of Pastor Winzer's or Buchanan's. But as Dr. Seuss might say, a post is a post no matter how small. I am thankful for everyone's contributions be they great or small.

http://www.puritanboard.com/273367-post17.html

What a bunch of party poopers!!!!!! There is absolutely nothing wrong with milestones and anniversaries. Folks aren't necessarily chest beating because they reach a certain milestone. It can mean different things to different people. It can mean "Hey, I made it 500 posts without being banned!" or, "My 5000 posts insure that I can be tracked by Google".

Whatever, it's a harmless and brief celebration that one belongs and contributes to the most prominent reformed and Reformed bulletin board in cyberspace. Stop your whining about post counts! (Unless of course you're just trying to get your number up.)

This was my 5,244th post. Yipppeeeee!

It can mean "Hey, I made it 500 posts without being banned!"

:lol: I once was a public defender. I had one case in which my client was accused of transporting meth (and there was overwhelming evidence against him). He said to me, "I hope you can help. I've made it to age 25 without ever being convicted of a felony."

I didn't say it, but I thought, "man, you set some high standards, buddy."

Of course, he had about 10 misdemeanors.

I made it to 17 without a speeding ticket... barely. :cool:

As for posts, it just ain't fair. :( While I'm no 5k runner, my numbers were seriously diminished in the Great Deduction wherein thousands of threads (with my name all over them) where put out to pasture.:deadhorse: Good grief.:rant: A few years of seminary :graduate: and someone wipes out most of your portfolio. :violin: Me thinks it's a conspiracy! :detective: Where are those blasted thread raiders!

[video=youtube;4ogZo9YreQ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ogZo9YreQ4[/video]

As for posts, it just ain't fair. :( While I'm no 5k runner, my numbers were seriously diminished in the Great Deduction wherein thousands of threads (with my name all over them) where put out to pasture.:deadhorse: Good grief.:rant: A few years of seminary :graduate: and someone wipes out most of your portfolio. :violin: Me thinks it's a conspiracy! :detective: Where are those blasted thread raiders!

Yeah, I lost about 2,000 posts in the Great Purge of 2005, as noted in the algebra thread:

http://www.puritanboard.com/355444-post47.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back