Conspiracy theory in the frozen North

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coram Deo

Puritan Board Junior
In Finland, the warmest winter on record is leading to predictions for a record grain harvest. Yay for global warming! See, adaptation can be fun. There's never been a better time to invest in beach front property in Siberia.

:rofl:

:cheers::cheers:

From an Article "On How the World Works"..

The Vikings would have appreciated global warming...it was global colding that helped end them and limit their range..there was a great freeze about 1200-1400 or so...hard to navigate up near Greenland at that time.

Agreed... It was a Viking Documentary of Greenland that convinced me against Man Made Global Warming.......

The Vikings would have appreciated global warming...it was global colding that helped end them and limit their range..there was a great freeze about 1200-1400 or so...hard to navigate up near Greenland at that time.

KILL THE WABBIT, KILL THE WABBIT!

Elmer Fudd ruined that one to me.

My knowledge of high culture all stems from Looney Tunes...scary heh?

Uhm, gents...there ARE Finns on this board ;)

And the Scots/Irish wouldn't have their lovely red hair without the integration of Vikings that came, settled, and mixed with the preceding cultures :D

Uhm, gents...there ARE Finns on this board ;)

And the Scots/Irish wouldn't have their lovely red hair without the integration of Vikings that came, settled, and mixed with the preceding cultures :D

The red hair is a "native" gene. It goes back to the Picts. The Vikings simply increased the available blond genes. Although, the recent research into the DNA history of the British Isle shows that intermixture was much less common than previously believed.

Hmm, I am about 10% scot-irish.... Crazy Reformation War forced family into exile.... :wow:

backdrop.... Family was from Germany, lost a big battle to those Papists afterwards we fled to France during the time of the Massacre of St. Bartholomew Day... Lost more family... Survivors fled to Scotland and Ireland and married a few natives... Some to Northern Ireland... Lost my Great Uncle back in 1999 to the Protestant/Catholic Conflict there....

My Wife and Daughter is Swede and I am 90% German and my brother in law is Finn...

So I can.... ;)

More and more evidence is coming out that the suns activity is the largest factor in global warming. In fact the documentation is showing that we have had solar system warming for a few decades now, but readings are showing that the sun is now going into a more dormant stage and we should expect some global (or solar system) cooling for at least a few decades. A few years ago the BBC ran a program that gave scientists that disagreed with the human link to global warming a platform to present their case. In essence they said that the global warming scare was perpetrated more for political reasons than for than for any true concern for preserving our planet, after all there is good money to be made in solving the worlds problems whether real or perceived.

More like the onset of another ice age right now, according to some:

Snow cover over North America and much of Siberia, Mongolia and China is greater than at any time since 1966.

The U.S. National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) reported that many American cities and towns suffered record cold temperatures in January and early February. According to the NCDC, the average temperature in January "was -0.3 F cooler than the 1901-2000 (20th century) average."

China is surviving its most brutal winter in a century. Temperatures in the normally balmy south were so low for so long that some middle-sized cities went days and even weeks without electricity because once power lines had toppled it was too cold or too icy to repair them.

There have been so many snow and ice storms in Ontario and Quebec in the past two months that the real estate market has felt the pinch as home buyers have stayed home rather than venturing out looking for new houses.

In just the first two weeks of February, Toronto received 70 cm of snow, smashing the record of 66.6 cm for the entire month set back in the pre-SUV, pre-Kyoto, pre-carbon footprint days of 1950.

Lorne Gunter: Welcome to the new ice age - Full Comment

More and more evidence is coming out that the suns activity is the largest factor in global warming. In fact the documentation is showing that we have had solar system warming for a few decades now, but readings are showing that the sun is now going into a more dormant stage and we should expect some global (or solar system) cooling for at least a few decades. A few years ago the BBC ran a program that gave scientists that disagreed with the human link to global warming a platform to present their case. In essence they said that the global warming scare was perpetrated more for political reasons than for than for any true concern for preserving our planet, after all there is good money to be made in solving the worlds problems whether real or perceived.

I was able to view that program just a few days ago. It is on Dvd now. It was really well done and very informative.I was glad to get that information.
It was called ; The great global warming swindle.
One scientist mentioned an unbiblical date for the age of the earth, but other than that their info was really right on.

Check "The Great Global Warming Swindle Pt. 1 of 8" on youtube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo4R7yXz-90]YouTube - The Great Global Warming Swindle Pt. 1 of 8[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back