Coppes' "Exclusive Psalmody and Progressive Revelation – A Response"

rjkampen

Puritan Board Freshman
Would anyone know where one can track down a copy of Leonard Coppes's unpublished essay, "Exclusive Psalmody and Progressive Revelation – A Response"? Thanks!

Hi; please fix yourself a signature so folks know how to address you. See instructions in link signature rules at bottom of page.

Ryan:
I don't have your answer (unless it is in a box of books somewhere), but for a starting point, here is the link to the Coppes digital library (most of those are examining of Kline's several new direction teachings). You could ask the minister of Providence (OPC in Denver), who might be able to find it for you.

@rjkampen
She was not able to find that exact title, but she did find a similar pamphlet her husband wrote. From what I can tell of the quotes of the other I see online some of the material is similar, but it is not an exact match.

Exclusive Psalmody and Doing God's Will as it is Fulfilled in Christ​

PuritanBoard says the file is too large to post here. Please send me a private message with your email and I will send the pdf.

Thanks, @hammondjones, for following up on this! I actually have that one already. It's a good one! And I had checked to see if its content overlapped with what apparently is in his "Exclusive Psalmody and Progressive Revelation – A Response," that "the Biblical standard for song in worship is faithfulness to what has been revealed and not inspiration" (which I stumbled upon here). Alas, it doesn't, at least that I can see. I want to see the context of that statement. It is a contribution in the 1981 Joint Study Conference on Psalmody, of which I am trying to track down a copy.

Back