Count Your Blessings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueridge Believer

Puritan Board Professor
Count Your Blessings We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty. -- Rev. 11:17

It is good to sit down and meditate on things for which we are grateful to God. Here are some that I can count:

1. First must be "thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift" (2 Cor. 9:15). All else is vanity, without the gift of our Lord Jesus Christ.
2. A good wife is one of God's choice gifts. "Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies” (Pro. 31:10). I say to this one who is God's gift, "Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all" (Pro. 31:29).
3. Certainly to be in the company of God's chosen people is the greatest of blessings. "We give thanks to God always for you all" (1 Thess. l:2). What a privilege to be in a church where the gospel is loved and the peace of God is so evident!
4. What health we have in our bodies is a cause for wonder and thanksgiving. Our Lord directs every germ and if we are not sick, it is His mercy. Physicians are needful, but only the Lord can heal. The woman in Luke 8 spent all her money on physicians, and "neither could be healed of any" (v.43).
5. I am so grateful for friends in the gospel who are in many places. They always encourage. There are those unto whom I would entrust all I have and am. "I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all things" (2 Cor. 7:16). Friends are cause for thanksgiving to God.
How many more things? Who could count? Just the fact that I am alive here this day and dwell in the peace and mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ causes my heart to rise to Him in adoration and giving of thanks. Don't complain, count! Don't murmur, count! Be one who counts His blessings.
WE GIVE THEE THANKS, O LORD GOD ALMIGHTY. - Jack Shanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back