covenantal Theology

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4MERON

Puritan Board Freshman
My guess is there will be a thread of this ilk thats probably had more hits than the Beatles, but I shall ask anyway…can anyone recommend a solid printed work on covenantal theology from a presbyterian perspective? I had a look for McMahon’s book on covenantal Theology but it appears to be hard to find/out of print..? Thank you in advance brethren :)

My guess is there will be a thread of this ilk thats probably had more hits than the Beatles, but I shall ask anyway…can anyone recommend a solid printed work on covenantal theology from a presbyterian perspective? I had a look for McMahon’s book on covenantal Theology but it appears to be hard to find/out of print..? Thank you in advance brethren :)
Is this the McMahon book you were looking for? Covenant Theology Made Easy

Seeing you're coming out of the Scottish tradition, you could read Colquhoun's treatise 'The Covenant of Grace'. Kistler is still printing it through Northampton Press

I benefited from this.

I'm interested too. I enjoyed Jonty Rhodes' book and have yet to dig into Witsius on the subject. Does anyone have thoughts on the book released last year by Crossway, edited by Ligon Duncan?

I just finished reading the the Crossway volume, and am reviewing it for The Confessional Presbyterian journal. Well worth the time, though it is not a beginner volume. Read Jonty Rhodes first, and then this volume (or the two Colquhoun volumes Kistler has published). There are many good Puritan volumes as well, by guys like William Strong. Don't miss out on the excellent, detailed, but very accessible volume by our own Jon Bonker, entitled Ruin and Redemption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back