Creating a Memorial of God's Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Username3000

Greetings,

I would like to create something of a personal/family memorial of God's gracious dealings with myself and others to share with my sons as they get older, but don't want to carry stones up from the river.

Can you think of any type of book that has been made for that purpose? I could use a simple notebook, but I'm hoping there is something a little nicer out there.

Also, feel free to share any ways that you may have done this in your own family.

Thank you.

I would search online for a nice, genuine leather journal. Preferably something that was hardback. You could probably find something in the $50-$100 range.

Yes, I will look into that.

One concern I have is making a false start in a journal, where I don't have exactly what I want to do planned out, and then regret the first things/way I wrote in it.

Any suggestions on how to write about these kinds of things?

I think it's usually best to write about them right after they happened. If I wait a few years, I forget how stressed I was at the time and how grateful to God I felt, and instead I tend to think my old worries were just silly and I didn't actually need God all that much.

I keep a diary on a Word document for my family. I use a cursive font, and when I print, it's on nice parchment paper. I put the paper in the page protector sheets and put them in a binder with a home-sewn beautiful cover that goes all the way around it. It's a pattern of a cabin in the woods.

How do your entries read? Long descriptions? Short notes? Scriptures? &c.

I have been wanting to do this for quite some time, but since I don't really have family.. I was just going to write out my letters to the Lord. Kind of like prayers, gratitude things along that nature.

I keep a diary on a Word document for my family. I use a cursive font, and when I print, it's on nice parchment paper. I put the paper in the page protector sheets and put them in a binder with a home-sewn beautiful cover that goes all the way around it. It's a pattern of a cabin in the woods.

that sounds really beautiful and very thoughtful. Do you have a picture of it?

Cabins in the woods are have such a serene and captivating essence about them, don't they? I guess thats why next week I'm packin up my things and moving to the mountains! :banana:

I can't figure out how to upload photos. When I hit the link, it just asks for a URL. Anyone know how? Thank you!
You could try saving the photo to your computer, then select Upload a File option. If you are using the image button in the post editor, it assumes you are using some online photo sharing environment or a cloud storage such as Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc.

Ryan, that is truly beautiful. Thank you for sharing something that holds so much meaning.

The funny thing is, I rarely ever see someone with pictures in a photo album anymore. Usually they use either Facebook, or Instagram to save their pictures in an album type way.
So it got me thinking- do you take pictures with an actually camera and then print them? Or do you just do it with your phone?

I have a Canon that I use for basically everything but, I would have to say the phone camera is easy to lug around and just whip out if I see something that i want a picture of.

Last edited:
Ryan, that is truly beautiful. Thank you for sharing something that holds so much meaning.

The funny thing is, I rarely ever see someone with pictures in a photo album anymore. Usually they use either Facebook, or Instagram to save their pictures in an album type way.
So it got me thinking- do you take pictures with an actually camera and then print them? Or do you just do it with your phone?

I have a Canon that I use for basically everything but, I would have to say the phone camera is easy to lug around and just whip out if I see something that i want a picture of.
I mainly use a Canon T3i. I edit them a bit using Lightroom, then have them printed at Walgreens.

I really like the idea of having something to pass down to my family that hopefully they will love and appreciate, and grow in grace from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back