Creation Museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marrow Man

Drunk with Powder
I took a couple of the visiting ministers in our presbytery to the Creation Museum today. It was a first visit for me and my wife as well. I must say I was impressed.

A couple of things to note -- "Creation" Museum is slightly a misnomer, as this place clearly goes beyond the first two chapters of Genesis. A lot of detail is paid to the Flood, and there is obviously much gospel in the exhibits as well. There is also a planetarium that requires an additional cost, but it is worth it. Plus, there are lectures and shows that are going on while you visit (I foolishly did not check the brochure for the day and missed some of these).

There is one interesting section of the museum that displays the results of secularism in society. It takes you down a graffiti-laden alley and gives you glimpses into the homes of broken families and includes a viewing of a church service where the kids definitely do not want to be there. It is very creative, but also very eye-opening when one thinks of the dire consequences when the word of God is rejected by a society.

I hope to post a few photos of the Creation Museum later. On a scale of 1-4 stars, I give the CM a 3.5!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back