Cringe-worthy No Quarter November trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have hard evidence for and documented example of this (i.e., not a blog article written by yourself)?
Taylor, have you not followed the James White / Douglas Wilson / FV thread? The documentation is out there. This is not being pulled out of thin air or from Jacob's mind.

Taylor, have you not followed the James White / Douglas Wilson / FV thread? The documentation is out there. This is not being pulled out of thin air or from Jacob's mind.

Sure, I've been following it. But I haven't noticed any evidence posted or cited with regard to things like harming the sheep (outside of issue people have with his doctrine), and especially not blackmail. That's a serious charge. Perhaps you could point me to a specific post within that thread that has the evidence I seek.

Furthermore, I don't even know what "pirating churches" means. That's the problem with Jacob sometimes; he throws out all these words that sound really bad and evil, but refrains from defining exactly what he means and giving clear, documented examples. It's like when liberals protest "fascism."

And let me be clear: I have no interest in defending any false doctrine in anyone, no matter who or where they are. But I am not as quick as some folks on this forum to throw everything out someone says or contributes simply because we slap some nasty labels on them.

Sorry Taylor, I got some discussions mixed up. I am looking for the other thread now. We recently had a discussion about this. I will get back to you in a few with the thread. Gotta find it.

Sorry Taylor, I got some discussions mixed up. I am looking for the other thread now. We recently had a discussion about this. I will get back to you in a few with the thread. Gotta find it.

Fair enough, and I appreciate it. If I can see some convincing evidence and examples, then I will happily and gladly stand corrected, and publicly admit it. And I hope I can be forgiven for being reluctant to believe things that are said about anyone without evidence being presented to me. I think that is only right.

Sure, I've been following it. But I haven't noticed any evidence posted or cited with regard to things like harming the sheep (outside of issue people have with his doctrine), and especially not blackmail. That's a serious charge. Perhaps you could point me to a specific post within that thread that has the evidence I seek.

Furthermore, I don't even know what "pirating churches" means. That's the problem with Jacob sometimes; he throws out all these words that sound really bad and evil, but refrains from defining exactly what he means and giving clear, documented examples. It's like when liberals protest "fascism."

And let me be clear: I have no interest in defending any false doctrine in anyone, no matter who or where they are. But I am not as quick as some folks on this forum to throw everything out someone says or contributes simply because we slap some nasty labels on them.

Are we talking about the Jacob here on the PB? I used to (a long time ago) think he also pulled weird stuff into discussions. But I soon learned that he can, indeed, provide footnotes and links to all he claims. I would take his accusations seriously. I checked into the sources he gave about Wilson and they are quite troubling. Take him seriously, he might be one of the best resources here on the PB.

Are we talking about the Jacob here on the PB?
Pergy, Where did we recently discuss Wilson, Sexual abuse, FV, self ordination, Pastoral bullying, being in cahoots with sexual predators? My Mom called 15 minutes ago and I need to be ready to go to my Sister's for TG dinner in 15 minutes. I still need to get cleaned up and dressed. Can you find the thread for me? Please.

Are we talking about the Jacob here on the PB? I used to (a long time ago) think he also pulled weird stuff into discussions. But I soon learned that he can, indeed, provide footnotes and links to all he claims. I would take his accusations seriously. I checked into the sources he gave about Wilson and they are quite troubling. Take him seriously, he might be one of the best resources here on the PB.

I appreciate the anecdote, but I still would like to see some hard evidence. That's all I'm asking for. I don't think it's too stringent to refuse to simply take one person's word for it.

Pergy, Where did we recently discuss Wilson, Sexual abuse, FV, self ordination, Pastoral bullying, being in cahoots with sexual predators? My Mom called 15 minutes ago and I need to be ready to go to my Sister's for TG dinner in 15 minutes. I still need to get cleaned up and dressed. Can you find the thread for me? Please.
I am not sure I can find all that again 15 minutes, Maybe tomorrow?

Please dress before posting on PB.

Do you have hard evidence for and documented example of this (i.e., not a blog article written by yourself)?

He can answer for himself, but I suspect that the "pirating churches" charge has to do with several churches (and perhaps especially ministers) who have rightly been disciplined (or threatened with discipline) or put out of NAPARC denominations being welcomed into the CREC with open arms. Wilkins and Sproul Jr are probably the most well known examples.

When I saw the picture, I thought this thread was about the late Gene Scott. Beard - check. Cigar - check.

Police and court records are on that site. I've linked to them probably a dozen times in the past few years. That relates to the Sitler/Wight sex scandals.

As to the pirating a church, it was in the Dakota Presbytery of the OPC. I can dig up the records if you want.

Like police records? Aquila Reports? Presbytery Records? My being part of the La. Presbytery when it dissolved due to the false teaching of the Federal Vision? Yeah, I am making all of this up. (I know, Perg, you aren't implying that I am).

I never said anyone is making anything up here, and to imply otherwise is a lie. I merely refuse to believe labels, names, and assertions without evidence. I figured that among folks who value the Law of God this would not be such a controversial personal policy.

I will look into what has been presented here. Thanks.

I never said anyone is making anything up here, and to imply otherwise is a lie. I merely refuse to believe labels, names, and assertions without evidence. I figured that among folks who value the Law of God this would not be such a controversial personal policy.

Hi, I’m not looking to pile on. But if this man has taught heresy at one time, shouldn’t he lay low and remain humble before getting back on a soapbox? Not sure he has earned a pass. I can’t speak for the rest, but on the FV stuff alone, isn’t he pretty disqualified at this point, especially with all the self-grandizing he does. If we need to lift up a reformed culture warrior we can do better. He’s no RC Sproul.

I assume that since 2014 (when the PB says you joined as a member) you have not perused too many of the DW threads. The stuff in there is often quite disturbing and gross.

While I had no idea about the blackmail charge until now, it didn't surprise me, sadly. I think you are right to ask for proof.

As for the video that @Pergamum posted: few things are sadder than watching a man grow older without dignity.

You're a clever guy. It'll come to you.

I get it now. The old man is out sharpening his farm tools as a good example to his son to keep his tools sharp. You can't cut down a tree with a dull ax, after all, right?

Or, you are still mad at me because I pointed out the awful events that have happened within the Reformed Baptist Association of ARBCA over the last several years where they let a church into their fellowship when the pastor was known to be undergoing an investigation over child abuse and several of the pastors covered up these facts and even enabled the abuser to move to pastor a different church and teach children at a different school, thus bringing shame to Reformed Baptists as a whole. Maybe that's it. And yes, I have an ax to grind when it comes to folks who soft-pedal child abuse by the clergy. Clergy abusers out to be locked up, clergy sexual abusers ought to be castrated with dull lawn sheers.

Like police records? Aquila Reports? Presbytery Records? My being part of the La. Presbytery when it dissolved due to the false teaching of the Federal Vision? Yeah, I am making all of this up. (I know, Perg, you aren't implying that I am).

I compare you to Alex Jones, brother (in a good way). He says something that, at first glance, seems way out there...and then, upon further investigation, I gasp and say, "Oh man, Jacob was really RIGHT!.....again." I have benefited from you a lot (particularly on the Trinity and Satanism topics).

Clergy abusers out to be locked up, clergy sexual abusers ought to be castrated with dull lawn sheers.
"Cringe-worthy" is right. Now an unpleasant image is in my head. :'(
apiyszgw0__40933.1558971462.jpg

I compare you to Alex Jones, brother (in a good way). He says something that, at first glance, seems way out there...and then, upon further investigation, I gasp and say, "Oh man, Jacob was really RIGHT!.....again." I have benefited from you a lot (particularly on the Trinity and Satanism topics).

The only difference is I am saying stuff that was accepted as common knowledge on PB in 2016. All of this is old stuff. OPC pastors knew of this for decades. We had several threads on PB in 2016 about Christ Kirk's sex scandals. Now Wilson is getting unofficial support in these threads. People would have been banned for that in 2008. I got moderated once or twice.

The only difference is I am saying stuff that was accepted as common knowledge on PB in 2016. All of this is old stuff. OPC pastors knew of this for decades. We had several threads on PB in 2016 about Christ Kirk's sex scandals. Now Wilson is getting unofficial support in these threads. People would have been banned for that in 2008. I got moderated once or twice.

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Sometimes a snake in cold weather lies dormant and we start getting too comfortable around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back