Cringe-worthy No Quarter November trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, you are still mad at me because I pointed out the awful events that have happened within the Reformed Baptist Association of ARBCA over the last several years where they let a church into their fellowship when the pastor was known to be undergoing an investigation over child abuse and several of the pastors covered up these facts and even enabled the abuser to move to pastor a different church and teach children at a different school, thus bringing shame to Reformed Baptists as a whole. Maybe that's it. And yes, I have an ax to grind when it comes to folks who soft-pedal child abuse by the clergy. Clergy abusers out to be locked up, clergy sexual abusers ought to be castrated with dull lawn sheers.

You exhibit an over-active imagination if you think I was ever mad at you over the ARBCA scandal. Neither my church or myself have ever been apart of the association. And the way they handled the Tom Chantry case makes me very happy to have had no part of it. The friends I have who pastor ARBCA churches have left the association or are in the process of doing so. And from what I know of these matters, that sounds like the right decision.

But as always, you assume too much in these discussions, throw around a lot of baseless accusations and end up just sounding like an unhinged woke-scold.

You exhibit an over-active imagination if you think I was ever mad at you over the ARBCA scandal. Neither my church or myself have ever been apart of the association. And the way they handled the Tom Chantry case makes me very happy to have had no part of it. The friends I have who pastor ARBCA churches have left the association or are in the process of doing so. And from what I know of these matters, that sounds like the right decision.

But as always, you assume too much in these discussions, throw around a lot of baseless accusations and end up just sounding like an unhinged woke-scold.

I hope you are friendlier in real-life.

...I haven't noticed any evidence posted or cited with regard to things like harming the sheep (outside of issue people have with his doctrine)...

Hi Taylor,

Wouldn’t you agree that if people had legitimate issues with Wilson’s doctrine, such would count toward his harming the sheep? In other words, isn’t a false gospel the primary way in which the sheep are harmed?

I think it’s a pretty settled matter that FV harmed the sheep in innumerable ways. Accordingly, I would think that posting or citing evidence to that effect on this site should be about as necessary as quoting Trent to impugn Rome.

I'm very friendly here on the board; even to you. But being accused of "soft-pedaling child abuse by the clergy," tends to get my dander up and interrupt my naturally sunny disposition.

Ok, so how do we end this feud?

You clearly don't like me. I posted criticisms of ARBCA a few months back and you replied vigorously on that post. Maybe you disliked me before that point, but afterwards you really seemed to dislike me and often took the opportunity to reply aggressively to many of my posts. I posted on this thread and your first interaction with me was to send me a snarky picture of a guy grinding an ax. It took me awhile to get it, but then I remembered that you didn't like me, and then it clicked right away what you meant. I then say that ARBCA has soft-pedaled child abuse, and you take that to mean I have said you personally have soft-pedaled child-abuse (which I did not) and then call me an "unhinged woke-scold" -whatever that is.

So, let's squash the beef. We are on the same team and working for the same Master. How do we get a fresh start here and become friends? Can we shake hands and treat one another more amicably in the future?

God bless your work and your ministry, and God bless the relationship between you and I. I fully commit to a new start and I am glad for the ministry that you do.

Ok, so how do we end this feud?

You clearly don't like me. I posted criticisms of ARBCA a few months back and you replied vigorously on that post. Maybe you disliked me before that point, but afterwards you really seemed to dislike me and often took the opportunity to reply aggressively to many of my posts. I posted on this thread and your first interaction with me was to send me a snarky picture of a guy grinding an ax. It took me awhile to get it, but then I remembered that you didn't like me, and then it clicked right away what you meant. I then say that ARBCA has soft-pedaled child abuse, and you take that to mean I have said you personally have soft-pedaled child-abuse (which I did not) and then call me an "unhinged woke-scold" -whatever that is.

So, let's squash the beef. We are on the same team and working for the same Master. How do we get a fresh start here and become friends? Can we shake hands and treat one another more amicably in the future?

God bless your work and your ministry, and God bless the relationship between you and I. I fully commit to a new start and I am glad for the ministry that you do.

As I've stated before, the issue is how you interact with those who disagree with you. You read into what they are saying, assign motives, and make baseless accusations. Even here you have made assumptions that simply are not true. But I would be happy to deal with this in a forthright and charitable manner. If you are willing to do that, I think you should send me a PM or give me a call so we can talk over the phone (if that's a possibility).

Last edited:
As I've stated many times before, the issue is how you interact with those who disagree with you. You read into what they are saying, assign motives, and make baseless accusations. Even here you have made assumptions that simply are not true. But I would be happy to deal with this in a forthright and charitable manner. If you are willing to do that, I think you should send me a PM or give me a call so we can talk over the phone (if that's a possibility).

I will consider what you have said. Your replies have similarly been pretty sharp as well at times and I feel you have sometimes not responded to me fairly. But the past is past. If you believe a phone call is necessary to reconcile, I am happy to do it. Though a simple written affirmation here is enough for me. From this point forward I promise to do my utmost to make sure I take your replies in the best possible manner and love you as a brother. Maybe tomorrow we can work out a phone call if needed (though in the past I have found folks who want such a phone call often try to prove they are right first before any reconciliation can occur, whereas I believe we can get along despite any remaining differences). Thank you for the opportunity to get to know you better. God bless.

The reference to axe-grinding was meant to be somewhat humorous. You have a short list of favorite "whipping boys" you like to come back to again and again. The picture was meant to be a light-hearted dig.

I did sincerely interpret what you said to mean that I was "soft-pedaling child abuse by the clergy." That is what prompted the sharp response. If that's isn't what you were saying, then I take your word for it. Thank you for the clarification.

The reference to axe-grinding was meant to be somewhat humorous. You have a short list of favorite "whipping boys" you like to come back to again and again. The picture was meant to be a light-hearted dig.

Ok. From now on I will take your attempts at humor as such rather than digs at me, and I will assume that you have posted them only in the best light. Humor is good. I like it. And I promise to take it better from you in the future. It was a pretty good picture, after all.

And yes, you are right, I do have a few whipping boys like Douglas Wilson and ARBCA. I am troubled by how they've treated several abuse cases. You are correct in that.

I don't believe I am "woke" - I would probably be labeled alt-right by some. I do have a few issues that I believe our reformed folks could handle better, and one has been the abuse, issue, even as I despise much of the "Me Too" movement.

I will try from now on to present my views more irenically on these topics. I am sorry if I have offended you in any way. This is not to mean I am sorry for any of my views. We need not (neither of us) renounce our views for us to be reconciled or to strive for better respect for one another. It is ok to have differing opinions and even to champion for those opinions. But I promise to remember that you are not an enemy but a dear brother and a Christian with the same Holy Spirit as me and I renew a commitment to a new gentleness. I am sure we probably believe in 98% of the same stuff but end up arguing over the 2% where we differ, so praise God for our like precious faith.

Again, God bless you and your ministry. And please be patient with me and let us renew this acquaintance and even make it into a friendship.

God bless, brother.

I did sincerely interpret what you said to mean that I was "soft-pedaling child abuse by the clergy." That is what prompted the sharp response. If that's isn't what you were saying, then I take your word for it. Thank you for the clarification.

No, by all means, I did not mean you were soft-pedaling child abuse. I don't think I did, but if I wrote this paragraph poorly enough to make you believe that you were the object of this sentence and not ARBCA, then I take full responsibility and profusely apologize. I meant ARBCA (or at least several leaders within ARBCA...many in ARBCA are just now coming to this news as well and are as shocked as I was, and so are also not to be blamed). I admit this is all a sensitive topic. Please take me word on it and also my apology for any unclear communication.

I will try from now on to present my views more irenically on these topics. I am sorry if I have offended you in any way. This is not to mean I am sorry for any of my views. We need not (neither of us) renounce our views for us to be reconciled or to strive for better respect for one another. It is ok to have differing opinion and even to champion for those opinions. But I promise to remember that you are not an enemy but a dear brother and a Christian with the same Holy Spirit as me and I renew a commitment to a new gentleness. I am sure we probably believe in 98% of the same stuff but end up arguing over the 2% where we differ, so praise God for our like precious faith.

Again, God bless you and your ministry. And please be patient with me and let is renew with acquaintance and even make it into a friendship.

I wholeheartedly reciprocate your sentiment and the intention of moving forward in brotherly love.

P.S. I did send you my number and would glad to talk over the phone if for nothing other than getting better acquainted.

I wholeheartedly reciprocate your sentiment and the intention of moving forward in brotherly love.

P.S. I did send you my number and would glad to talk over the phone if for nothing other than getting better acquainted.
I tried to call on Skype. I heard your voice....but you could not hear me. Sorry.

Hi Taylor,

Wouldn’t you agree that if people had legitimate issues with Wilson’s doctrine, such would count toward his harming the sheep? In other words, isn’t a false gospel the primary way in which the sheep are harmed?

I think it’s a pretty settled matter that FV harmed the sheep in innumerable ways. Accordingly, I would think that posting or citing evidence to that effect on this site should be about as necessary as quoting Trent to impugn Rome.

I completely agree with all of this. That’s why I never requested evidence for "harming the sheep." I know that is a given.

I completely agree with all of this. That’s why I never requested evidence for "harming the sheep." I know that is a given.

Taylor,

I’m sorry but I thought you were asking for evidence of him harming the sheep when you posted: “But I haven't noticed any evidence posted or cited with regard to things like harming the sheep (outside of issue people have with his doctrine).”

I understood you to be looking for concrete evidence that would either: (a) legitimize the concerns people have had with Wilson’s doctrine, or (b) point to additional (non doctrinal) ways in which Wilson harmed the sheep.

If you’re satisfied with (a), that Wilson indeed did harm the sheep with confusing and even damning doctrine, then I think (b), for all practical purposes, is moot. In other words, if Wilson did (a), then (b) pales insignificant.

Yes, I agree we must be even hyper careful in light of the Ninth Commandment. However, I’m not quite sure how it’s even possible to harm the sheep by introducing damnable heresy without also harming the sheep in other divisive ways. Doug Wilson’s teaching and associations did just that. Not only did FV disturb the souls of the saints, FV destroyed churches and relationships.

Wilson should have renounced his pulpit ministry and taken his seat in the pew years ago. Even his public apology was more of the same, utterly confusing.

I appreciate your earnest desire to defend one’s good name. That is honorable.

Taylor,

I’m sorry but I thought you were asking for evidence of him harming the sheep when you posted: “But I haven't noticed any evidence posted or cited with regard to things like harming the sheep (outside of issue people have with his doctrine).”

I understood you to be looking for concrete evidence that would either: (a) legitimize the concerns people have had with Wilson’s doctrine, or (b) point to additional (non doctrinal) ways in which Wilson harmed the sheep.

If you’re satisfied with (a), that Wilson indeed did harm the sheep with confusing and even damning doctrine, then I think (b), for all practical purposes, is moot. In other words, if Wilson did (a), then (b) pales insignificant.

Yes, I agree we must be even hyper careful in light of the Ninth Commandment. However, I’m not quite sure how it’s even possible to harm the sheep by introducing damnable heresy without also harming the sheep in other divisive ways. Doug Wilson’s teaching and associations did just that. Not only did FV disturb the souls of the saints, FV destroyed churches and relationships.

Wilson should have renounced his pulpit ministry and taken his seat in the pew years ago. Even his public apology was more of the same, utterly confusing.

I appreciate your earnest desire to defend one’s good name. That is honorable.
He means heretical views as opposed to outright tyrannical abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back