Crossway J.I. Packer reprints

Status
Not open for further replies.

user98Luke

Puritan Board Freshman
Crossway has been reprinting Packer's works in beautiful hardcover, signature-sewn editions. I'm curious if anyone has any insider info or educated guess on whether or not they will be able to reprint Knowing God. Will IVP hold on tightly to the exclusive rights for Knowing God, especially considering they just reprinted it back in February, or will Crossway buy them out? I don't know a lot about publisher rights and stuff like that.

Crossway has been reprinting Packer's works in beautiful hardcover, signature-sewn editions. I'm curious if anyone has any insider info or educated guess on whether or not they will be able to reprint Knowing God. Will IVP hold on tightly to the exclusive rights for Knowing God, especially considering they just reprinted it back in February, or will Crossway buy them out? I don't know a lot about publisher rights and stuff like that.
I have friends at Crossway and contacts at IVP, I can ask, but I'm sure I know the answer; IVP isn't giving up rights to Knowing God.

It is what we call an "evergreen" title. Publishers aren't likely to give up rights to a title that has longevity.

I have friends at Crossway and contacts at IVP, I can ask, but I'm sure I know the answer; IVP isn't giving up rights to Knowing God.

It is what we call an "evergreen" title. Publishers aren't likely to give up rights to a title that has longevity.
That’s what I fear. But it seems Crossway has gotten a hold of nearly every other title of his. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I’d love to hear what you hear from your friends. Also ask them why they printed a really nice hardcover edition of Schaeffer’s He Is There And He Is Not Silent but all the other reprints they are only doing paperback lol

FYI: Crossway is giving Packer's title on the Puritans the same treatment—Quest for Godliness.

It will be released next year. I just met with them last week.

For myself, my favorite thing produced by Packer is his intro to Owen’s Death of Death. It is worth the price of the book!

For myself, my favorite thing produced by Packer is his intro to Owen’s Death of Death. It is worth the price of the book!
I believe this is also included in the Quest For Godliness book. Really good. Would love to find one of the small booklets of it all on its own.

If any of you haven't read Packer's first book, "Fundamentalism" and the Word of God (1958), you should. It's very informative and brilliantly written by the then 32-year-old Packer. And it's still in print.

If any of you haven't read Packer's first book, "Fundamentalism" and the Word of God (1958), you should. It's very informative and brilliantly written by the then 32-year-old Packer. And it's still in print.
Was that one retitled to something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back