Crying out for justice

Status
Not open for further replies.

arapahoepark

Puritan Board Professor
Has anyone visited and read this site? Cryingoutforjustice.com ?
I think it is great in its intentions, to alert the church to abuse (and abusers hiding behind some decontextualized Bible verses)and how to deal with it, but I am finding some problems? For instance, yes some high profile pastors don't seem to take domestic abuse seriously but, many times they through the baby out with the bath water. Case and point read this and the comments, particularly by the authors of the site. http://cryingoutforjustice.com/2014/11/21/legalism-lurks-in-books-like-this-one-building-a-godly-home/ I read a thread once and Ben (sola sriptura) said much of what he sees is not like 'sleeping with the enemy.' What are your thoughts?

The writer makes a false dichotomy between a home filled with the Spirit (sweet liberty) and a home with high expectations for conduct. These two are not mutually exclusive. Just as a home can be run like a Christian Army barracks and lack the grace of the Gospel, a home can also be run like a pleasure cruise and be in deep bondage to patterns of unbelief--even though it appears to be an easy-going, "grace filled" home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back