Curious about stances on Masonry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Will you leave Me too?"

"No man can serve God and mammon."

Romans 1
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

Matthew 12
34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. 35 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things.

John 8
41 You do the deeds of your father.”
Then they said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father—God.”
42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. 45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. 46 Which of you convicts Me of sin? And if I tell the truth, why do you not believe Me? 47 He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”

John 14
21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”
22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”
23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

Matthew 4
10 Then Jesus said to him,
Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ”​

In a PCA church that we attended for a year they had nominations for deacons. The two who were nominated were masons. Several families in the church didn't approve. The pastor didn't have a problem with it and even passed out a booklet in support of the masons. When asked, the nominated deacons said they would leave the church before they would leave the masons.
One of them was in the 30's in degree.

About six families left the church over this. It is a small and young church that is now smaller.

Is this the official PCA stand on the masons?

The PCA rejects Freemasonry:

from here

see here for a web version

I believe my quote from an earlier post came directly from this position paper

I read through the recommendations and that's not what I understand them to be saying.

They seem to be careful to not give offense to the Masons in their report. Jesus didn't mince words, why should we? They are clearly not against the Masons as a whole, just certain aspects of it.

That's like looking in dumpsters for your food because there is some good stuff in there; while ignoring the fact that there is all kinds of vile also thrown away in dumpsters, being a mama I think of diapers. I don't want to eat steak that was laying next to a dirty diaper.

I also don't want to receive communion or even the order of worship handed to me by a Mason. I can worship together with Masons in the church; they are in need of seeing their sin and I'm sure there is something I'm in sin over also. But I don't want to be led by them in the slightest fashion.

I read through the recommendations and that's not what I understand them to be saying.

They seem to be careful to not give offense to the Masons in their report. Jesus didn't mince words, why should we? They are clearly not against the Masons as a whole, just certain aspects of it.

That's like looking in dumpsters for your food because there is some good stuff in there; while ignoring the fact that there is all kinds of vile also thrown away in dumpsters, being a mama I think of diapers. I don't want to eat steak that was laying next to a dirty diaper.

I also don't want to receive communion or even the order of worship handed to me by a Mason. I can worship together with Masons in the church; they are in need of seeing their sin and I'm sure there is something I'm in sin over also. But I don't want to be led by them in the slightest fashion.
GREAT POINTS! Well stated! Thank you!:up:

From the report:

The Committee reported, with documentation, its findings, including the
following:
1. Some writers seeking to speak for Freemasonry make statements which are
totally incompatible with Christianity.
2. The writings of most who oppose Freemasonry (former members and others)
largely support the findings of the denominations which have reported or
Freemasonry.
3. The writings of some, interpreting and defending Freemasonry, actually appear
to support the evidence that Freemasonry is not in accord with Christianity.
4. Current news in the media regarding Freemasonry reflects both the findings of
the denominations and the defenses of Freemasons.
5. The Bible, the Westminster Standards and the Book of Church Order all raise
serious questions about the compatibility of the teachings and practices of
Freemasonry with the teachings and position of the PCA.

In the light of these findings, the Committee expressed serious concerns
connected with membership in Freemasonry: Joining Freemasonry requires actions and
vows out of accord with Scripture; participation in Masonry seriously compromises the Christian faith and testimony and may lead to a diluting of commitment to Christ and His
Kingdom.

ok - maybe "rejects" was too strong a word...but I certainly do not see a "pass" given.

ATTENTION:

Post threads in their PROPER forum. This is NOT a general topic. Thus, it doesn't belong in General discussions.

Moving...

Since you're a moderator, could you move it the Cults & World Religions forum? Or is that a Rich question?

There has, I know, been a long debate about the involvement of men in Fremasonry and other "Secret" organizations. Some think it harmless, others feel that a thing like Masonry is more a religion (and a universalist one at that), and therefore if it is a religion or"quasi-religion" then a Christian bound by Holy Scripture should not participate. As I stated this has been a hot topic among the Reformed, but I wanted to see how the PB Members and their respective Churches stood on this issue. Grace and Peace.

I don't see it's purpose in the life of a Christian. I do see it as a religion of sorts just as I see particular greek lettered organizations, BGLOs in particular because I have some familiarity with those.

OK, my bad, I made an apology to Josh, the reason I debated on whether or not to put this under apologetics is that there are those who feel (thankfully I found none here), that the Masonic order is "simply" a fraternal organization, and not a Religion in and of itself, due to the longstngding debate I had this in "General" to get thoughts and feedback, our Brother Josh has now placed it into the proper catergory, so those who hav thought or input on the matter...may now fire away.:)

Last edited:
Any professing believer and member of the Church who is a mason that does not renounce their affiliation with this anti-Christ group and publicly repent of their abominable wickedness ought to be ex-communicated.

It is only the completely ignorant or the deliberately deceptive who can have any confusion about Masonry.

Even secularists and Politicians (who aren't Masons that is) know this:

"I saw a code of Masonic legislation adapted to prostrate every principle of equal justice and to corrupt every sentiment of virtuous feeling in the soul of him who bound his allegiance to it. I saw the practice of common honesty, the kindness of Christian benevolence, even the abstinence of atrocious crimes; limited exclusively by lawless oaths and barbarous penalties, to the social relations between the Brotherhood and the Craft."-President John Quincy Adams

:judge:

One of their oaths is that they are not permitted to testify against (or expected to lie under oath for) a fellow mason that is same rank or above.

I believe this breaks a commandment as well.

One of their oaths is that they are not permitted to testify against (or expected to lie under oath for) a fellow mason that is same rank or above.

I believe this breaks a commandment as well.

Well, that explains a lot about why our justice system is in shambles.

A Mason who is close to being charged with a crime can in fact give a "distress call" to a Masonic Judge. It seems to involve a quick gesture: Right hand thumb in briefiefly touches the forehead, eyes are lifted upwards with a quick movement of the head to the left. There are cases going back to the 1800's where cases have been overturned by a Masonic Judge in a case seeing the "call"...Remember they are bound to the Lodge by Blood Oathes...no Mason is to be considered truly loyal to his Nation, his State or his Religion, these are tools to work the societies in which they live. There are are 5000 33rd degree Masons world wide, within the 5000 is an elite core the number 300 and are indeed called the Council of 300, the man who holds sway over this has a number of titles one is rather "telling"...Supreme Pontiff of the Craft. This is not an innocent thing, the religion is Sorcery. By the way..the have Sub-Lodges given to the highest ranking Masons..one was and is The Order of the Golden Dawn....it was/is degenerate and...homicidal....one of it's leaders was Aleister Crowley....33rd degree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back