"Daily Light" Devotional

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
Does anyone here on the PB use the devotional book Daily Light - formerly Daily Light for the Daily Path? It's a daily devotional book first published in 1875. It was put together by some of the children of the English publisher Samuel Bagster (1772-1851) - primarily by his son Jonathan (1813-1872).

It consists of a topic Scripture printed at the head of a page. The rest of the devotional for that day consists of other Scriptures that support the topic Scripture. There are no other notes, just Scripture.

If you are using it, what do you think of it?

I own a copy and I used to use it, though in an on-off sort of way. That was when I was busier than I am now.
I liked it - loved the way it was undiluted scripture commenting on itself. Now I'm reading and getting through much more than I used to, and generally have much more familiarity with the Bible, I suppose I look to my memory to do the same job. I would still recommend it, especially to anyone short of time or needing a way in to the Scriptures.
In fact, you've set me thinking I might dig it out again and keep it by the bed for a first/last daily dose of God's Word!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back