Daniel 2:16 v 2:25 Did Daniel gain two audiences with the king or one?

How do you read verse 16 in the light of verse 25

• Daniel gets to see the king in person and asks for an appointment to give the interpretation.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else that makes even more sense (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoghan

Puritan Board Senior
It is unclear to me why Arioch should take the credit for finding Daniel when verse 16 says (or does it merely suggest?) that Daniel had already had an audience with the king and been given an extension of 24 hours (or however long he was given).

Was the king in such a state that he could not remember Daniel? The footnote in the ESB says Daniel requested from Aurioch an appointment with the king to reveal the answer.

A. Daniel went in and spoke to the king in person. (so why is he introduced as a stranger in v 25?)
B. Daniel asked Auroch to petition the king on his behalf for a future appointment (why not say "Here's Daniel, as arranged")
C. something I have not thought of (please, please specify)

Something about Chapter 2 tells me Arioch was keeping Daniel at a distance from Nebuchadnezzar. Access to the king would have been strictly controlled and Daniel "asking" may have been in the form of a written petition presented by Arioch. Arioch had also been instructed to kill the wise men or at least rounding them up for that purpose. It might have been showing a little too much initiative to let Daniel in before the king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back