Daniel 9:27: Who is "He"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puritanhead

Puritan Board Professor
Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate."
"”Daniel 9:27 (New King James Version)
Exegete it!!!! Who is he? Please explain, and rightly divide the Word of truth, or perhaps let the Reformers and Puritans explain. I am interested in answers however.

Why? And, also what New Testament verses key to this covenant, referenced by Gabriel, if any?

Bear in mind, this thread exists in continuity with this earlier query.

Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

:book2:

The he is either
1. Christ confirming the Covenant of Grace through his preaching, his miracles and his resurrection.
2. The Romans who made covenants with the surrounding peoples to destroy the Jews.

The abomination of desolations is the Roman army.

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

I will post again tomorrow after hearing my ministers opinion on the matter, he's preaching on this chapter

My minister preached on Dan 9:1-19. He spoke briefly on the 70 years (Jer 25;29). He talked about how their interpretation can be literal, approximate or symbolic and it seems they have a fulfillment either way. The sermon was on Daniel's confession of sin and repentence as the 70 yrs was about to expire with a particular emphasis on the basis of our pleading being the promises and attributes of God and Jesus not ourselves. Next week will be on the 70 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back