database query help

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
We have an extensive access database of nearly 8 years of audio of sermons and lectures, and scripture exposition which amount to over 2,400 files on our church website. But our query is quite frankly a bit lame to the point of unhelpful (see here). Any one have experience that can help me design a bunch of search query pages? What I want to do is use some of the connectional data in the Access database (series, Scripture text, etc) to build more precise query results from the title data. But I'm almost exclusively a Frontpage guy; and don't know how to do this. Links to helpful articles also appreciated. U2U me if you prefer not to post here. Thanks for any help!

Set adoCon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
strDbPathAndName = Server.MapPath("dir/dir/example.mdb")
strCon = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=" & strDbPathAndName

adoCon.connectionstring = strCon
adoCon.Open
Set rsCommon = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

Send me a table schema and I can write you a SQL query.

Thanks very much Mark; I was away; but yes ASP. How do I send you a Table scheme? I'd send you the db but it is rather large--24 megabytes.

Can you upload it to a server so I can download it, and then tell me what type of queries you want ??
Or I could write a simple search page for the table where the user could select what table they want to search.

In access there is a way to show the relationships between tables. It is a small icon on the top menu for relationships.

I'll upload and U2U you the link. Probably a simple page with choices the user can make would be best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back