Dating and Young Christians...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ran across this thread...

Just to give a couple personal cents from a single guy that's only 4 years older than you, Alex...

Cent #1 -- Getting involved when you're young is just hard. Trust me, I know. No matter how mature you are, relationships before the time when you can seriously do anything with it are hard. I know you don't mean you're necessarily looking or anything right now, but just keep it in mind. I'm not saying necessarily they're always bad, because I've known some relationships that started young and worked out great (with proper parental guidance and supervision of course). But it's not the norm and it's not easy. Mine didn't work out (primarily because her dad was an independent fundamental Baptist, and I'm a Reformed guy). And seriously, my last year of college, when I was unattached, and got to spend so much time with my guy friends was one of the best times of my life. Enjoy those times, because they won't last forever.

Cent #2--You'll save yourself (and just as/more importantly, the girl) a lot of trouble if you are on the same page theologically to start with. I'm not saying they never work out...I'm just saying it can be so hard.

Ok, enough of me acting like I really know anything about this kind of stuff at this point in my life...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back