Dave Hunt Says We're All Lost....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent points here Bob....

Hunt believes in election but he also believes the elect may be turned out of office by a disgruntled constituency (God in this case). So to Hunt, the latent Calvinist gets elected based on his campaign promises to hold to Universalism, Free Will and the Exclusivity of the Love Attribute. When the elected fails to keep his promises ("Read my lips, NO NEW REFORMS!"), he is turned out of office and has to settle for a position as a lobbyist for heretical (reformed) causes.

This seems like an appropriate usage of JD's third maxim - " I can make you less ignorant, but I can't make you un-stupid..."

that is all...

-JD

On the serious side, Phil Johnson does have a message rebutting Hunt's stupid little book over on his website that is very good.

I listened to it this AM. Mr Johnson was doing his best to try and find somthing good to say about the book. (I suppose it is his custom when reviewing books to try and find somthing good to say first before going into what was wrong with the book) But anything good he tried to say about it he had to clarify with a negative comment. It was kind of humorous really.

He didn't have anything to say that I wasn't aware of. He just put it alot nicer than I could have. Hunt's book is a lousy rehash of secondary sources. Where he does quote a Calvinistic source he doesn't let that source speak for themselves but has to add his own twist on what is being said. Basically adds in what he thinks they're saying and doesn't let the source text speak for itself.

In the words of Sam Taylor,"Hum..........?"

Is it just me or is this statement just a bunch of confusing drivel?

The man obviously knows very litte about Calvinism as was evidenced by his strawman presented in his book What Love is This.

Now he presumes to sit upon the judgment seat of Christ and pronounce his strawman unsaved.

"Hum............?"

Who's worse: Dave Hunt or Harold Camping?

Pilgrim;

Looking at the above thread...this comment...

They now malign God by saying that He is pleased to damn multitudes though He could save all--and that He predestines multitudes to the Lake of Fire before they are even born.

The truth of the matter is we are all damned before we were even born, even in looking at John 3:18 we see this...If Hunt would continue past John 3:16; He would see his own logic fails him.

For me, this is part of the 'working out our own salvation with fear and trembling', looking at God for all that He Is, beyond His loving attributes,
and realizing and believing HE IS STILL the same GOD!!

It is at this point, I have seen many people repelled by the Gospel, and shriek out with the 'But God is Love' just look at John 3:16 "For God so loved the world..." If God truly called all, then nobody would be repelled by ALL that God IS, they would see and tremble and begin to marvel and be in Awe of Him all the more.

The road to Him would be made wide, and the road to destruction made narrow, because none would be going down the path of destruction.

Dave.gif

Howdy All and I do mean All! Dave Here just checking to the PB. I wanted to let everyone know that I am writing a new book called "Adventures in Arminianism". Now as you all know, there we go again with that word all, I am neither a Calvinist nor Arminian, but a Biblicist. Therefore, being a Biblicist I thought it would only be fair to critique Arminian theology. As I have mentioned before I will not openly debate any Calvinist, but I have a standing offer to publicly debate any Arminian. However, I do have one request before you challenge me to a debate regarding Arminianism please read "Adventures in Arminianism. This may save you and me alot of time.

P.S. Do you guys like cake? I like cake. Well I wanted to invite all the Calvinists who believe my gospel, I mean, the true gospel over for cake and cookies.

Regards....

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back