David Dickson on weekly collections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
Vers. 1. Now concerning the Collection for the Saints, as I have given order to the Churches of Galatia, even so do ye.

As touching the Collection: The famine which was prophesied by Agabus, Act. 11.28. as also the persecution, did much distress the Churches in Judea, wherefore the Apostles living at Jerusalem, exhort Paul and Barnabas, that they would take care to make a collection amongst the Gentiles, to succour the need of the poor Jews, Gal. 2.20. hee speaks of this contribution, commanding that on the Lord’s Day (whereupon all Christians ceased from their labours, and met publicly to the Worship of God) that every one according to his ability, without vainglory, should cast something into the Treasury. ...

For more, see David Dickson on weekly collections.

I'm sure it happens, but I don't think I've ever seen a collection taken up for a foreign church experiencing famine or persecution.

I'm sure it happens, but I don't think I've ever seen a collection taken up for a foreign church experiencing famine or persecution.
Collections for foreign missions that plant and support churches while ameliorating poor conditions? (I'm remaining completely neutral on how they are collected.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back