Daylight Savings Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
Don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour tonight before you go to bed...unless you live in Okinawa.

My daughter Anna woke me up this AM crying in bed. I went to soothe her and got back to bed and the clock said 0600. I decided I would go ahead and get up 45 minutes early to get ready for Church and go for a short run. I got outside and thought: "Boy, it's dark out here." Looking at my watch it was 0530.

I realized that my bedroom clock had set itself forward one hour last night. It's one of those automatic clocks that does that except that it's a problem when you live in a country that doesn't celebrate DST.

Providentially, it helps. This is only our second Sunday taking baby Sophia to Church so now we have a third kid to get ready. I already had Anna dressed before Sonya woke up.

Anyway, don't forget DST if you observe it and have a blessed Lord's Day when the sun gets over to your side of the world.

Originally posted by SemperFideles
I realized that my bedroom clock had set itself forward one hour last night. It's one of those automatic clocks that does that except that it's a problem when you live in a country that doesn't celebrate DST.

Ouch! :lol:

See also this thread.

have a blessed Lord's Day

Thanks, brother, you too, and God bless you and yours.

Originally posted by SemperFideles
Don't forget to set your clocks ahead one hour tonight before you go to bed...unless you live in Okinawa.

...or Saskatchewan for that matter!

DST is merely a Satanic conspiracy to steal sleep from those who would be rested for the Lord's Day...:D

Originally posted by theologae
DST is merely a Satanic conspiracy to steal sleep from those who would be rested for the Lord's Day...:D
:lol: Actually, one year when I was supposed to "Fall Back" my wife and I showed up to Church an entire hour early. I've never done the opposite.

Today was the first time I had to do this in Central Indiana. I didn't think I would like it. I was agin it. ( "not for it" for those of you in Reo Linda) I lived in Evansville, Indiana for a short and thought it to be a stupid inconvenience. But I like having more sunlight at the end of the day. I like the fact that this week my youngest Sam can have baseball practice till 8 o'clock without the lights. Give me that daylight savings time. I love light more than the darkness.:lol:

We got burned this morning when I changed the clock in my bedroom, but not in the microwave. So I got up and knew what time it was, but then got onto the computer and did some reading, made breakfast, etc.

"Great, it's only 9:45" or whatever... plenty of time to get to church by 11. Well, it was 10:45 or so already.... :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back