De-Baptism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marrow Man

Drunk with Powder
A lady who attends our church sent me this link about a man, baptized in the church of England (and now an atheist) who wishes to be "de-baptized." I blog about this here.

This is not a thread intended to discuss the validity of infant baptism (which is why I am posting it here) and any discussions of that sort will be :offtopic: Rather, my question has to do with the comments in the article about baptism into the Church of England not being "membership." Can anyone help clarify the Anglican position here regarding membership in the (visible) church? Or do CoEs not making the visible/invisible distinction?

So he admits something substantial happened and therefore must be undone. Some athiest he is. :p :rolleyes:

So he admits something substantial happened and therefore must be undone. Some athiest he is. :p :rolleyes:

Excellent point! If this is nothing in his eyes, he should treat with the same pomp and circumstance as letting his subscription to the newspaper expire.

If atheists are really atheists, why do they make such a fuss about a God who doesn't exist?

I don't go around trying to prove that pink elephants don't exist, simply because there is no need for it, as I don't believe they exist! lol

What a total waste of their time :) Atheism is just another name for the pride of man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back