Dealing with stress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exercise.
Better yet, learn to throw a boomerang.
Take up neanderthal woodworking (hand tools only, no power tools)
Fly fishing.
Above all else, nurture your times before the Lord in private prayer.

As a fun aside, my dog Cricket is the perfect family dog. She's the kind of dog that can be very loving and gentle but will roughhouse as much and as far as you want to. With a simple "no" or sound of disapproval she stops. Anyway, we bought two All-American Boy's Crossbows, as seen here:

76342_l.jpg

so that my seven(?) y/o nephew and another person could hunt the dog in the house. It was great. We would run around the house after the dog and shoot her with the darts (which have suction cup tips, by the way) as she bolted around the living room and through halls, etc. We would also make "battle plans" on how we would get 'er. I think the dog had as much fun as we did. :)

All of us who wear glasses here will remember that, Sarah. ...... j/k

And what of women who wear glasses, huh?? :lol:

I go to Bob's fb and read his stuff! :)

I just posted to my FB I'm disabling it for 3 days because of my 'clicking to facebook every 3 minutes' addiction :duh: I think I'm a clickaholic ... (rehab)

I have that same problem, friend! :duh: I will often ask my husband if he'll block the internet during the day so I can be productive. ....actually it would be more accurate to say that my husband just blocks it. :lol:

probably only the ladies will find this to be funny.....

Three men were hiking through a forest when they came upon a large raging,
Violent river.
Needing to get to the other side,
The first man prayed:

'God, please give me the strength to cross the river.'

Poof! .. God gave him big arms and strong legs
And he was able to swim
Across in about 2 hours, having almost drowned twice.

After witnessing that, the second man prayed:
'God, please give me
strength and the tools to cross the river'

Poof! . God gave him a rowboat and strong arms
And strong legs and he
Was able to row across in about an hour
After almost capsizing once.

Seeing what happened to the first two men,
The third man prayed:
'God, please give me the strength,
The tools and the intelligence
To cross the river'

Poof! .. He was turned into a woman.
She checked the map,
Hiked one
Hundred yards up stream
And walked across the bridge.

probably only the ladies will find this to be funny.....

Three men were hiking through a forest when they came upon a large raging,
Violent river.
Needing to get to the other side,
The first man prayed:

'God, please give me the strength to cross the river.'

Poof! .. God gave him big arms and strong legs
And he was able to swim
Across in about 2 hours, having almost drowned twice.

After witnessing that, the second man prayed:
'God, please give me
strength and the tools to cross the river'

Poof! . God gave him a rowboat and strong arms
And strong legs and he
Was able to row across in about an hour
After almost capsizing once.

Seeing what happened to the first two men,
The third man prayed:
'God, please give me the strength,
The tools and the intelligence
To cross the river'

Poof! .. He was turned into a woman.
She checked the map,
Hiked one
Hundred yards up stream
And walked across the bridge.

roflmaodh0.gif

Ha. If she's so smart she should learn how to put the lid down herself.

hahaha! we're just trying to teach men how to be smart that's why we don't do it ourselves.....just think of all the smartness you would be missing out on!

I need some humor, how do you deal with stress?
:banghead:

Not sure Humor is a good stress relief. I think knowing God is. Knowing that he knows the end as well as the beginning has helped me out. No matter what may transpire, I know that nothing passes through his will without his first ordaining it. I might not like it as Job didn't but I do know that he will end it according to his will. I may be bankrupt in the end but it will glorify what is good and will Glorify Him. That is good. I just need to learn contentment in whatever he has ordained. Even if it hurts and causes my demise. He is always good. And I won't necessarily see it or like it because I don't see things clearly.

Not sure Humor is a good stress relief. I think knowing God is. Knowing that he knows the end as well as the beginning has helped me out.

You're right, but I think you can also approach it this way--godly humor properly rests on and derives from knowing God and observing His sovereign providence in our lives. It is precisely because we know Him that we can enjoy the gift of humor. Or to put it another way, the non-Christian has nothing to laugh about.

Do you have an airsoft gun and a dog?

I started coughing I was laughing so hard!

-----Added 10/2/2009 at 01:10:48 EST-----

Ha. If she's so smart she should learn how to put the lid down herself.

hahaha! we're just trying to teach men how to be smart that's why we don't do it ourselves.....just think of all the smartness you would be missing out on!

This is one the men will only appreciate ....

You know, I have never sat into the toilet. I have three brothers, and it was not uncommon for the seat to be left up. I have seen the same "seat up" at many a public restroom. For the life of me, I cannot see why women don't look before they leap.

Someone has got to have an answer for that, but if women were so smart, you'd think they would learn after just once sitting in the bowl.

Honest question for you, Regin - do people in Japan eat cats? I wish it wasn't so taboo here in the US. I enjoyed Pergamum's blog at one point when he recalled the story of their cat they decided to eat. He said something like: "Cat. The other gray meat!" :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back