Defending the Truth in an Unbecoming Manner

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.Joseph

Puritan Board Senior
@Taylor @alexandermsmith
If either of you did a video expressing your concerns the way you do on this board, i would probably love it. Some of "these" guys are bringing hell fire upon the weaker vessel.
And I'm no white knight....

Read the book, review the excerpts, stop the bombastic language, and dont make it about yourself. Thats a good starting point.
I agree with the gentlemen on this(the other) thread who expressed similar sentiments.

We can handle flirtations with error charitably. I saw no problem with MoS as it was created and presented. It was not a teaching ministry but rather an open discussion. Looking back maybe there was a better candidate for the female host as far as theological knowledge and background but I didnt really have a problem with it. AB was not a dominating or authoritative voice on that program. She was the questioning, learning voice. I wouldnt buy her books cause I dont think she's qualified, or authoritative as far as biblical theology but she is qualified to write on the Christian woman experience (from her personal experience) to some extent but that topic does not appeal to me for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
MoS may not be an ordained teaching ministry (I don't even know what that would be), but it is conducted by two ordained men and it certainly is a teaching project. And I wouldn't call it an open discussion. It is a discussion only amongst the hosts (and there isnt even that much disagreement between them). That is what distinguishes something like MoS, or other podcasts, from a forum like this one. On here everyone can post and people can interact and disagree with one another. A podcast is one-directional: from the host to the listener. The same with books. That's what elevates them to the level of teaching, whereas a forum is merely an online replication of the conversations we have in person. That is why, as I understand the teachings of Scripture, women should not be hosting podcasts or writing books on theological matters. These enterprises by their very nature involve teaching the church. I do not believe Paul's prohibitions are limited to the four walls of the local church building and as means of spreading information, and thus teaching, expand so too must our application of those prohibitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back