"Denominations" Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N. Eshelman

Puritan Board Senior
Can we get a 'denominations' forum under the section 'The Church'? Often (Okay, occasionally) threads get started in 'cults and world religions' that are about other denominations.:duh: I do not think that it shows the catholicity of the Church that we Reformed people believe in (even if it is a denomination that we would NEVER join). :flamingscot:

:think::2cents:

Edit: I misread the original post (dont ask how :lol: ) Seems like a proper idea

Last edited:
I misread the OP too, probably due to the thread title and not reading the post carefully. I thought it was asking for forums for discussion of the PCA, OPC, Southern Baptist Convention, etc.

I too have been unsure of where to place some threads discussing certain matters related to liberal churches and similar issues that involve false teaching but may or may not constitute a cult in the sense that JW's and Mormon's are or a world religion like Buddhism. Maybe there could be a subforum for pentecostalism and WOF/prosperity gospel and maybe another for "mainline" churches and perhaps yet another for Roman Catholicism. Eastern Orthodoxy Although in many cases discussions of all of the above could be classified as a cult, I don't know that it exactly fits in Cults & World Religions every time.

Gentlemen,

We have the Ecclesiology forum to discuss some of these types of issues - which includes denominations.

Cults and World religions is intended for discussions on religious matters that go outside the boundaries of orthodoxy. This may, at times, include the decisions by mainline bodies that are cultic or teachings by people that are the same.

On the other hand, there is a reason why there is not a super broad category for everything related to things that happen in denominations and that is because some discussions properly belong in other fora. For instance, some actions might belong in Baptism, Polity, Sacramentology or a whole host of other fora.

Folks are supposed to think about where they place things and simply because it discusses another denomination neither means it belongs in Cults & World Religions nor a Denominations forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back