Denying the Covenant of Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm getting confused again but I think it's more the advanced language strung together than the concepts. I'm assuming many here have a level of seminary training, at least informally. So if I'm following your train of thought I agree that a created Adam as ushered right into a CoW seems forced. So what actually is this CoW in biblical history? How does our redemptive historical understanding rise or fall with such a doctrine? Why cant it all be of grace? Life, creation, salvation, etc.... How is a works dynamic not only applicable to non-covenant beings?

Just to add, a majority of my Protestant theology/history knowledge & understanding is pre-20th century. Not until I joined the OPC around 2015 did I ever hear of names like Vos, Klein and even VanTil or Machen. I was immersed in the Puritans/Early Reformers and lots of Augustine’s writings in becoming acquainted with the Reformed faith. I’m surprised that a guy born in the 20th. Century with the first name Meredith would have such an impact on central doctrinal matters.

Last edited:
I’m surprised that a guy born in the 20th. Century with the first name Meredith would have such an impact on central doctrinal matters.
This is a joke, right? Ever hear of Loraine Boettner? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loraine_Boettner

Remember: "every idle word." You've just leveled a personal sniping attack on a dead man, touching his name, who was defending the whole idea in the mid 20th century: that there was even a covenant of works, still at all, at the heart of Reformed Theology--so that today it may be taken for granted.

MGK taught a generation of pastors, and stood on the right side of many battles for preserving the vitals of true religion. He is not to be left uncriticized, no more than you or I. But treat his doctrine, and not the man, and especially not his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back