Derek Webb

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame they took that stance, but not too surprising or even outrageous really, given the nature of Christian bookstores.

I first heard the song a couple of months back (Webb had it as a free download on his MySpace site) and I've listened to it numerous times. It's a hard-hitting song with an OT prophetic tone. I guess this reaction shows that many in the Christian marketplace are squeamish about the OT -- they're practical Marcionites. Hopefully nobody tells these retailers about Ezekiel 16.

This just in....the same stores that refuse to stock Webb's CD have announced they will no longer sell Bibles containing the book of Hosea...a store spokesman was overheard as saying "such filth does not belong on the same shelf alongside our Precious Moments snow globes".

This just in....the same stores that refuse to stock Webb's CD have announced they will no longer sell Bibles containing the book of Hosea...a store spokesman was overheard as saying "such filth does not belong on the same shelf alongside our Precious Moments snow globes".

:rofl:

I will buy this CD, talk about it, promote it, encourage everyone I know to buy it, and play it as often as I can in mixed company. We need many more voices like Derek Webb's!!!

:lol: You all do realize this article and the album described are now four years old, right? Derek has gone on to gore many more sacred cows. A phenomenally good artist.

Ditto...that was soooooo two albums ago! What'd ya think of the Ringin' Bell, Philip?

Absolutely loved it. I've already about worn it out!

Have you heard that he went back into the studio with Caedmon's?

:lol: You all do realize this article and the album described are now four years old, right? Derek has gone on to gore many more sacred cows. A phenomenally good artist.

Hey, you're supposed to tell me this before I reply and damage my rep as a hip and cool person up on all the latest stuff! Thanks a lot.:p

I like the 'Wedding Dress' song!

One of my favorite songs is Wedding Dress. Check out my myspace (please don't think less of me for having one of these accounts) and listen to this song! It's great! http://www.myspace.com/dustinandmeghan4christ
I do wonder what people, non-Christian people think when they hear this song....
When I listen to it, it definitely stirs something in me. A very passionate song. I think about the wild love of Christ my SAVIOR. We serve an amazing GOD!!!!
Something I have been thinking about is how people/some people don't really mean what they say. Just throwing around words like love, hate, promise... Not many people, me included don't make stong stands; WHY CANNOT I JUST YELL AND NOT CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK AND JUST SAY HOW AWESOME OUR LORD IS AND NOT CARE ONE LICK ABOUT WHAT ANOTHER THINKS! Ahh..:banghead:...the flesh. I ask GOD to help me.
Hope you don't mind me venting, but I think you guys know where I'm coming from.
I'm glad we have a man like Derek Webb out there and that I can enjoy listening to his music and I can talk about it with you!!! :cheers2:

Oh, this is Rich! :up:

Tom! Get back in your box! :rofl: :rofl:

Absolutely loved it. I've already about worn it out!

:up: Though it's a relatively short album, I love every track on it!

Hmm...I wonder if his departure was a record label problem, cuz it appears this new release is under a new label.

I doubt it, since he said many times how he really felt he had to paint his own picture and tell his own story/message, apart from what the band was doing at large. Along those lines, many fans also interpret the song "Nothing Is Ever Enough" as referring to his Caedmon's departure.

From what I've heard, the only thing that's officially been said about his "re-joining" so far is that it's for one album and one tour. I guess we'll find out later what happens after that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back