Dessert

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
How come you can't get English toffee ice cream anymore? I haven't seen it in years.

And, cheesecake! When I was a kid, if you ordered it in a restaurant, you got this little skinny piece at a fairly high price. These days, you get a nice-sized hunk that isn't markedly more expensive than other items. Must not be the real thing...

How come you can't get English toffee ice cream anymore? I haven't seen it in years.

And, cheesecake! When I was a kid, if you ordered it in a restaurant, you got this little skinny piece at a fairly high price. These days, you get a nice-sized hunk that isn't markedly more expensive than other items. Must not be the real thing...

I think I've seen English toffee ice cream lately, but I don't eat much ice cream in the winter.

Oh, I think the cheesecake is the real stuff. I suppose it depends on where you get it. Get a lot larger portions these days.

I use to make THICK cheesecake from scatch.

I think Haagen Daz still has the english toffee ice cream\but some people say it is actually too sweet
and I know it is a rotating flavor with Baskin Robbins so it comes and goes sort of seasonal

but until then try this:

English Toffee Ice Cream recipe
2 Heath bars, coarsely crushed
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup water
2 cups half-and-half

Combine all ingredients and put into an ice cream freezer container. Freeze as per manufacturer's instructions.

I think Haagen Daz still has the english toffee ice cream\but some people say it is actually too sweet
and I know it is a rotating flavor with Baskin Robbins so it comes and goes sort of seasonal

You beat me to the punch...
pro_ic_engtof_200.gif

We had some Edy's Cookie Dough for a late night snack. One of my favorite things to do is eat ice cream in the middle of winter. Walking on our tile floor bare-foot is just ahead of it.

We had some Edy's Cookie Dough for a late night snack. One of my favorite things to do is eat ice cream in the middle of winter. Walking on our tile floor bare-foot is just ahead of it.

Well, it's what makes you the manly man you are, Gerry! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back