Dial up will be the death of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will say that unless something severe happens, I will never go back to dial up. You can basically get Cable Internet for around $30, which in many cases is only $10-15 more than dial up. I'd rather have no TV and never watch a movie than have dialup.

Amen Fred! I would donate plasma twice a month for high-speed internet money if I had to.

But I have to add...Go wireless if possible. I have a laptop with 802.11b wireless card and a cable modem hooked up to a wireless router...To quote Braveheart...FREEDOM!!! I can post to the puritan board from the couch, from the comfort of my bed, from my study. Ahhh....

Mine is a 802.11g which is a little faster than the "b" series and I love it. I had to adjust it for my cordless phone interruptions but now works great.

[quote:3ac3816572="govols"]Mine is a 802.11g which is a little faster than the "b" series and I love it. I had to adjust it for my cordless phone interruptions but now works great.[/quote:3ac3816572]

I had one compter on the other side of my house that connected to my router via a wirless card and would never get sufficient signal strength. Had the same performance as dial-up. I then upgraded my wireless router from b to g and I noticed a definite performance increase in my internet connection.
Almost at par with my computer connected directly to my router.

If you can upgrade from dial-up to broadband, you won't regret it. :bs2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back