Did anyone else cry as much as me?? (spoiler alert)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennyG

Puritan Board Graduate
I've finally seen Toy Story 3.
It's as good as everyone said!!
My first 3-D film, and that aspect was brilliant too.

I did wonder how everyone else got on, crying-wise.
I was more or less ok until the toys were sliding down towards the inferno, and reached out their hands to each other - after that it was all downhill... I was grateful that the humorous end-credits gave a bit of recovery time, especially since it was a matinee, and it's embarrassing to come out into broad daylight covered in tears!

Oh dear. I haven't seen it yet...please tell me they aren't burnt to a crisp. That can't be good for children to see...

Spoiler (highlight): No. There is a deus ex machina.

I'm not sure if this will work if you are using a different skin than I am (the default).

I have not seen the movie, but my 18 year old daughter has..and she said:

No, the toys did not get burned..

She said she cried too..

I'm waiting for it to come out on video, then I can sit down and watch all three of them together..I've seen the first two..but would be fun to just have a movie night of the three..

I must say, I lost my man card...the eyes got a little misty; I think it was the bad air though. ;)

I did not cry, but I think each of the Toy Story movies was more brilliant than the one before.

I agree to an extent...the first was very good, the third was the best, and the second was good...just not as good as the first or third.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

By the way Jenny, I knew exactly what you were asking about just from the thread title. I didn't have to scroll over it or read the thread, and I knew it was going to be a Toy Story 3 thread. I have heard lots of people ask/say the same thing.

I'm waiting for it to come out on video, then I can sit down and watch all three of them together..I've seen the first two..but would be fun to just have a movie night of the three..
Well, I did think it might be nice to have a private view and not have to worry about making an idiot of myself - but otherwise I'd say see it in the cinema, because the 3D is so good!

I tried really hard not to because I had heard about it in advance. I still cried and it took some energy not to cry too much. I am way to empathetic, even with cartoons.

We took our kids to see it the day after Brad came home from the hospital. All six of us were crying like babies. I thought I was the only one, but nope every kid was wiping the tears. We are big Toy Story fans here. I don't know which one I liked best. Probably the third one, although the first one was pretty amazing!

I aint watching it until it comes out on DVD now. I don't want to experience the same bad air with a lot of people like Nick did. LOL

One of the things that got my daughter (per her) is "I grew up with Andy, He's about my age going off to college like me, and I can relate to all of it mom"

One of the things that got my daughter (per her) is "I grew up with Andy, He's about my age going off to college like me, and I can relate to all of it mom"
and if you're like me you can relate twice over - first to Andy because I've been that age - then to his mum as well!
I knew exactly what you were asking about just from the thread title. I didn't have to scroll over it or read the thread, and I knew it was going to be a Toy Story 3 thread. I have heard lots of people ask/say the same thing.
Nicholas, over here a lot of people compare it to the end of the last Winnie-the-Pooh story (not the Disney version but the book) when it says that somewhere, a little boy and his bear will forever be playing. (I can't quote it very accurately because I haven't read it very recently - it has the same effect on me as this film did)

Yes, I loved it and was very teary. The inferno bit is quite distressing. My big boys were okay but I think it's a bit to scary for littlies.

I didn't cry but I was very close. Very powerful imagery. It was very dark for a kid's cartoon but very touching that they held hands as they faced incineration and a resolve that this was the end for them. When the little dudes picked them up, the whole theater erupted in cheers. I knew it was the little alien dudes.

I think I got more choked up when Andy was leaving for college.

Pixar knows how to tell good stories. There are actually some very applicable points about how fleeting life is in that movie.

I haven't seen it. I probably won't for a while, but all of this talk has me interested to see what the waterworks are for. :)

I haven't seen it. I probably won't for a while, but all of this talk has me interested to see what the waterworks are for. :)
they're for mortality :).....sic transit gloria mundi* as somebody said

* Gloria was sick in the train on Monday

I didn't cry but I was very close. Very powerful imagery. It was very dark for a kid's cartoon but very touching that they held hands as they faced incineration and a resolve that this was the end for them. When the little dudes picked them up, the whole theater erupted in cheers. I knew it was the little alien dudes.

I think I got more choked up when Andy was leaving for college.

Pixar knows how to tell good stories. There are actually some very applicable points about how fleeting life is in that movie.

That was the point that got me most. His passing on his toy legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back