Did Knox Theological Seminary recover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwheeler84

Puritan Board Freshman
In checking out some reformed seminary's, I came across a thread from 2009 discussing a fallout at Knox. Well 7 years has gone by and I was wondering if they have recovered and if it's a seminary worth considering. After all, they are 25% less than some of the others.

In checking out some reformed seminary's, I came across a thread from 2009 discussing a fallout at Knox. Well 7 years has gone by and I was wondering if they have recovered and if it's a seminary worth considering. After all, they are 25% less than some of the others.

Well, that would depend how you define 'recover'. For instance, the actual building that housed KTS, which was across the street from CRPC was leveled. So those days are bygone. I am told that the seminary now functions in the main church or some of the other resource areas on-site.

About 6 months ago or so, they liquidated a mass of books from their theological library, to which I am glad to say, I got 3 carloads worth at no cost.

If you are making a list of seminaries that need to recover, don't forget Redeemer (money problems) and Erskine (really big money problems).

I dunno; but some of these efforts not serving the true advancement of Presbyterian doctrine need to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back