Did Mary have other children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Curtis

Puritan Board Senior
Prompted by Earl's post in another thread, I am curious as to the thoughts of fellow PB'ers. Did Mary have other children? What leads you to your conclusion?

[I'm sure that this has been discussed previously; but I am interested in the views of the current crop of PB'ers!]

Last edited:
I think the arguments for Mary's perpetual virginity are weak (and slightly monastic). I believe that she had other children.

Prompted by Earl's post in another thread, I am curious as to the thoughts of fellow PB'ers. Did Mary have other children? What leads you to your conclusion?

[I'm sure that this has been discussed previously; but I am interested in the views of the current crop of PB'ers!]

Do a search here on the PB. Enlightening reads.

Do a search here on the PB. Enlightening reads.
Oh, I have! But, as I said, I am curious about the newer members and their views - one neat thing about the PB is that, while the "old" stalwarts stick around, new faces abound!

I don't believe she would have been a perpetual virgin, but I'm somewhat inclined to think that she had no other children.

Last edited:

Yes, as the scriptures themselves stated to us their names, and there was no need for mary to stay a Virgin forever, as the Virgin Birth was all that was required to bring Messiah to the earth, and then freed her to have relations and children with Joseph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back