Did you watch the Super Bowl?

Did you watch the Super Bowl?

• Nope

Votes: 69 84.1%
  • Yes, watched it live.

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Yes, DVR'd it and watched after Sunday.

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andres

Puritan Board Doctor
We've had some excellent discussions here on the 4th Commandment, the Sabbath, and the Super Bowl. Just out of curiosity, I thought I'd do a (anonymous) poll to see how the board is actually reflected when it comes to this topic.

I saw on a news report that Katy Perry performed with, the announcers words, "Rock god Lenny Kravitz". I was so taken back by that remark after the discussions here about the game that I didn't pay attention to who won!

I did not. I must confess I could care less for the sport, so there is no draw to it.

I'm familiar with Katy Perry, but who is Kravitz?

I have watched some of the Superbowl ads on Youtube.

Thats some sort of sporty thing-a-ma-bob, isn't it? (Where was that option for us sportingly illiterate folks :))

As a Briton, I am clueless as to what the super bowl is, but then again I do not expect many to know what the FA cup is either.

I gave up the NFL many years ago. I do not miss it. I couldn't care less who won the game.

I'm familiar with Katy Perry, but who is Kravitz?
He used to be popular years ago, early mid 90's. Think he once did a version of "American Woman". His most notable track, here in OZ anyway, was "Are you gonna go my way?"
Sure aint no god though. :lol:

I dropped interest in any pro sports after what I call the "millionaire crybaby" strike in the early 80's.

No but I don't follow football. It was no sacrifice. The last Super Bowl party I went to I spent my time talking to women in the kitchen.

I love football, but no longer watch it. It used to consume my Sundays and I'm very thankful that the Lord has freed me from that obsession. So, no, I did not watch. Checked who won Monday morning and that was it.

I do not like football so I usually stay out of debates on whether it is an abuse of the Lord's day to watch it since I would not watch it whether it was or wasn't. I personally think it is an abuse but at the same time since it is something that does not interest me I don't think I am the right person to argue the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back