Digital Recorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marrow Man

Drunk with Powder
I own a digital recorder (a Sony) that has been serviceable for several years. However, in order to use it to do things like record sermons, I have to do the time consuming task of transferring it to a computer via audio cable (in real time), which puts the sound file into .wav format, then I convert into mp3 for posting online.

I am looking to streamline this, so I want a new recorder, one that records in mp3 format and connects to computer via a USB port. I found this Sony for only $50 (free shipping). If anyone has any recommendations, tips, suggestions for a different recorder, they would be appreciated.

That is the exact same model I use. It works great. Go to our churches website and listen to a little of the sermon to see what the sound quality is like on the lowest setting (saves as an mp3). The file size is around 11 MB (my sermons are usually around 30 minutes).

Thanks! I also found that Amazon is selling it for the same price, and it has lots of good reviews (even the "bad" reviews are good).

Tim, I see you already bought yours, but just wanted to show the one I use:

H2 Handy Recorder

h2 zoom - Google Search

As you can see it retails for around $145; when I leave the church and return to the U.S. I'll leave the H2 Zoom as it's the church's, and I'll look into the Sony you bought as it's cheaper. Though there are a lot of features in it; it records in a few formats (I use MP3), and it has different "sizes" of MP3 available. I've been very happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back