Disappearing Bookmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilgrim

Puritanboard Commissioner
All my bookmarks have disappeared in Firefox. This was just after I defragged my hard drive (I'm using the ancient Win. 98). The bookmark files are still there when I look in the program files. The shortcuts I had in the "bookmark toolbar" have also disappeared.

Anybody know how fix this?

Chris,
You might try using the File > Import command. I've used that to import my IE bookmarks, so maybe it'll do the trick for you with the Firefox bookmarks.
Bob

Originally posted by blhowes
Chris,
You might try using the File > Import command. I've used that to import my IE bookmarks, so maybe it'll do the trick for you with the Firefox bookmarks.
Bob

Apparently this is some kind of bug with Firefox 1.5. If I don't find a solution quick or if they don't fix it quick I will probably try to revert back to 1.07 or maybe even another browser, although I really don't want to go back to IE since I've been using Firefox for about a year now. Now all of my search engines are gone too. Basically, the settings aren't being saved when I shut down.

I tried importing but I couldn't. I copied the destination (C:\, etc) from the backup file, but it said invalid file name.

when I look in the Mozilla forums, etc people keep talking about "profiles" but I checked and only have one profile, so that's not the problem

I was finally able to import my bookmarks from my backup file, but if this keeps happening I'll give Opera a try.

Now I've got to try to get the extensions, engines and bookmark toolbar straightened out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back