Discernment Blogs and "Tell All" Sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Burns

Puritan Board Freshman
Brothers and sisters,

Just wanting to get some opinions and/or discussion going on how profitibale or appropriate discernment sites (like apprising.org) and "tell all" sites (like joyfulexiles.com) are for the Church at large.

I go back and forth. Try not to get too caught up in all the nonsense going on in Evangelicalism today, but sometimes it does come home to roost. As an elder I do try to stay up to speed on a lot of what our church members might be reading/hearing about.

What do ya'll think?

I think that they are great for the most part!
However, sometimes when something isn't as the same doctrine they are they can label those people heretics or just off the wall. Do be weary, but, they do provide great insight despite the fact at some points they can go overboard. Don't disregard the meat of the sites though.

I used to be heavy into such sites. I came out of a charismatic church that had little discernment and almost no doctrine, so I fed off of these sites. They have their value in that they do serve as beacons for those who want to know the truth about books and movements that all fall under the name "Christian," and they do liberate people from lies and deception. My criticism is that they can become something of a Christian Gossip magazine. Though not diet material, it's valuable material, especially if you are coming out of modern evangelicalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back